• Show
Clear All
  • biologyben
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2007
    • WV
    • Craftsman 21829

Simple mods

After my cheap router tables particleboard surface sagged too much, I discovered the router actually has the correct hole pattern for the Craftsman clone accessory table. Using the saw fence didn’t have great dust collection options, so I drilled a hole to access the above the table lift feature and mounted the other tables fence via the miter slots using ‘adjusted’ elevator bolts or miter slot blocks and press fit oak strips into the front of the slots to prevent work catching when crossing. Both the saw and router are plugged into the same vac switch so I only need to switch the vac hose when changing tools.

I also took the router sub-fence that came with the accessory kit and swapped the pan head screws for flat head. Then, when mounted the sub fence has nearly a 1” depth (1.030 or a 1 1/32”). A swipe of the plane or sander brings it to an exact 1” for use as a stop block for the table saw. Since I use the fence ruler, I can merely add 1” to the needed size.

Edit: Riving knife made from old saw blade.

Still need to ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶r̶i̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶k̶n̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d fill out the tabletop — especially now that the accessory table can’t meet upto the saw table with the router installed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by biologyben; 01-28-2023, 10:21 AM.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

An interesting approach. Good work!
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

good idea that cross cut stop block from the old router subfence.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...