X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GnomeEnthusiast
    Handtools only
    • Oct 2021

BT3100 Raise and Lower Difficulty

This is my first post, after acquiring a BT3100 about a year ago, and finally using it (cluttered garage & time) this summer.

I was having difficulty raising and lowering, and discovered that this is a common issue with both models.

I used some Johnson’s paste wax on the guides/shims (?), and the difference was dramatic and instantaneous.

I’ve included pics to show other novices, like myself, what I’m talking about. I hope this helps others struggling with this issue.

• LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Welcome, Gnome.

Welcome to the SawDust Zone forum which is also the home to BT3x saw enthusiasts and users.
    There is a rich archive of posts and articles dealing with this saw and the Sears versions of it..
    I hope you got my BT3 FAQ which is accessible following the link at the bottom of my reply here/

I don't see your pictures. I hope you will share them with us.
    If you edit your post or add a post to this thread you should be able to post pictures using the "Upload Attachments" button at the bottom of the page.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 10-29-2021, 11:41 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Black walnut
      Administrator
      • Aug 2015
      • BT3K

GnomeEnthusiast
      Welcome to SawDustZone.org. It is great to hear you were able to solve your raise/lower issue. I would be interested in see the pictures you said you would post. If you tried to post unsuccessfully please let us know. We are here to help with any forum issues. With simple routine maintenance and a soft touch when using the BT3K saw series have proven to be great workshop machines for many for more than a couple of decades. Feel free to join in the conversation and add to the knowledge base about these saws or anything wood working.
      just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        LCHIEN commented
        Editing a comment
        GnomeEnthusiast
        Handtools only
        Last Activity: 10-25-2021, 05:56 PM
    Working...