Clear All
  • Babbo
    Handtools only
    • Feb 2021
    • Tennessee
    • BT3000

Looking for a little expertise on BT3000

Hello everyone,

I have been watching this group for a while and hope someone could share some knowledge and advise on my BT3000. Everything I have read so far has been extremely helpful. I have really hit a wall recently on what could be the problem with my table saw, looking for some advise. Here is my situation.

I had a bearing going bad on the arbor. I decided to replace all the bearings that were on the arbor. everything went smooth there, pulling and pressing bearings, I took measurements on where the pulley should be and where all the bearings should be. Put the belts back on, all new belts just because they are a pain to put on and take off. The problem that I am running into is that when I put the cover back on over the arbor and motor, I can spin the arbor freely with the belts attached to the motor, as soon as I attach the cover, shims are in place with no issues, the arbor will not spin unless the cover is loose over the arbor and motor. When I took it apart I did not see any shims fall out besides the ones that go against the guide rail. Anyone else run into this issue or am I just an extreme newbie on this. Any help would be appreciated. Look forward to talking with everyone and sharing. Thank y'all again for any advice.
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

I'm not sure what you mean by cover... using the standard naming from the manual and parts list is helpful for common understanding. There is a locker bracket (10) which tilts and there is a guide holder (80) to which the motor and arbor attach for elevation. The shims go between the guide holder and locker bracket.

There's two end panels (8 and 9) (not covers) to the saw but they don't hold anything mechanically. Also a dust cover (12) for the blade shroud.

If you need the diagram and parts list let me know. They're probably posted around here somewhere.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BT3000 main diagram.JPG Views:	0 Size:	121.9 KB ID:	842669
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-03-2021, 03:18 AM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Babbo
      Handtools only
      • Feb 2021
      • Tennessee
      • BT3000

Thank you for helping. The problem that I am running into is when I try to attach the guide holder (80) to the motor assembly (1) with the four bolts that hold these together. The shims (3) (86) line up perfectly with no binding. The two bolts that go to the rear cover for the first bearing on the arbor, the bearing that fits into the the guide holder (80) tighten down fine and the arbor spins just fine. The four bolts (89) when tightened up will not allow the arbor to spin freely anymore. I got to looking into this just a little more and saw some set screws (73) on the picture you provided, my saw was purchased used and was in pretty rough shape, I do not remember seeing these set screws (73). I do see the holes where they are supposed to be. Is this maybe the adjustment that I am looking for to correct my issue? Thank you again for any help.

Comment

Working...