• Show
Clear All
  • dell2394
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2020
    • Mayville, NY
    • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
    Those knobs are nothing special, I think offhand its either 5/16 or 3/8" knob commonly available in hardware stores like ACE.
    The bolt is just an ordinary hex bolt.

As for the angle presumably if the SMT is adjusted parallel to the blade it should be just about right on. The pivot and the scale are cast into the same piece of aluminum. The miter angle scale is quite a large diameter allowing a very precise adjustment.

And you do know about the zero stop adjustment with the eccentric screw?

When I got my saw 20 years ago the SMT was adjusted properly and The angle was quite close I use for most angle cuts without further tweaking, Only if doing frames where the four corners will have to meet do I go to extra length to try and put it against a drafting square.
    Thanks, LCHIEN. I did find the eccentric screw for the zero stop and measured and tightened that. I do have a miter saw that is pretty accurate, and only bought the 3100 for rip cuts, but once I saw the SMT and router table, I got pretty giddy about the versatility of this saw!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• snowmansmedleys
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2021

Originally posted by LCHIEN
      I hope the pictures attached will help. I could live w/o the quick stop. But the miter indicator seems really useful.
      I have this part on hand, so I can draw one up and print out a bunch if there's interest.
      I can even print the zero stop if that's another hard to get piece.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Miter angle indicator on ebay $5 for two plus shipping

BT3000 or BT3100 Nylon Miter Indicators. BT3100 Ryobi table saw. BT3000 Ryobi table saw. Designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. using nylon made in the U.S.A. BT3000SXI Ryobi table saw. 315228110 Craftsman table saw (PN:969191001 or 969191-001 ).

Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• sschering
          Forum Newbie
          • May 2020
          • Eugene, OR
          • BT3000 and it's new friend, a Craftsman 113

Has anyone tried 3D printing a miter indicator?

Comment

Working...