X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JCanfield
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2020

BT3K Blues

On the hunt for a replacement motor for my bt3k, Seem to be striking out everywhere. Oh wise sages, please steer me to salvation!

Thanks!
    JC
  • GrumpyDad
    Established Member
    • Jul 2020
    • Midwest
    • Ryobi BT3100, BT3000, Sawstop PCS

A post was here
    Last edited by GrumpyDad; 12-25-2021, 12:15 AM.
    Harumpf!
    GrumpyDad

Comment

• JCanfield
      Forum Newbie
      • Nov 2020

OH MAN! Made my day, GrumpyDad!

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

JCanfield. You wrote
        "Hello, Member GrumpyDad suggested I get in contact with you regarding cross-compatibility with the various motors used on the bt3k. I just unknowingly purchased one with a burned out motor, and GrumpyDad has some he's willing to sell me. How do I know if these work alongside one another? Do certain motors have specific mounts on the blade carrier?

Happy to migrate conversation to email if that works!"

I don't address saw related questions in private mail, I am not the expert, I feel that all discussions regarding woodworking and the saw should be held in public forum so everyone benefits.

As for your question regarding compatibility of motors of different ages, I do not have any personal experience changing motors, fortunately my saw was treated well and has not had any issues.

All I know or could recall is in my FAQ, which if you haven't gotten it, is linked in my signature line at the bottom of all my posts.
        I have not worked on the FAQ for a number of years, but there's little major change since the saw ended production more than a decade ago.
        So check the BT3 FAQ and ask the question here. The stuff in the FAQ was distilled from years of experience and forum post information.
        I do know the motor has had a number of revisions including the original 13A to 15 A improvement in the first couple of years and then some supply related changes later. ASAIK or can recall, the motor mountings and dimensions have not changed and they are the same.But if my FAQ says differently, go with it as it has a better memory than I do.

You might also search the Sawdustzone form posts for information on changing motors.

If GD has several motors, send him a picture of yours to try and match.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• JCanfield
          Forum Newbie
          • Nov 2020

Lchien! Thanks so much for the information, and thanks for the FAQ link. What would a forum be without people asking the same questions over and over‽

Cheers.

Comment

Working...