X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunt4jr
    Forum Newbie
    • Aug 2020

BT3100-1 Rip Fence

Thank you for allowing me to join this forum. I have been looking all over the place for a rip fence for my BT3100-1 for quite a time. We just bought a house and getting ready to do some woodworking around the house. My grandfather has a BT3000 as well, and he's the reason why I went and bought myself a BT3000. The only thing that I'm missing is the rip fence and router table. If anyone has one for sale or know of someone that has one for sale, please share away!

Or has anyone ever make their own rip fence? Has anyone made their own rip fence?
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

I would say a fully functional rip fence and auxiliary table would be had to make from scratch.
    My bet advice would be to be patient and watch out on eBay. A lot of parts go through there.
    Those parts from either a BT3100 or a BT3000 will fit a BT3000.if I recall correctly. Cursor on the rip fence may be a little different.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BT30000 vs BT3100 rip fence.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	840515
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 08-31-2020, 05:04 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jlhumbert
      Forum Newbie
      • Jul 2015
      • Palatka, FL
      • Ryobi BT3000

LCHIEN is correct -- either fence will work (BT3000 or BT3100). In fact, my BT3000 has a fence from a BT3100 (which I never even realized until just recently). Just type something like this "ryobi (bt3000,bt3100) fence" in the eBay search bar. You can then save the search (which is what I do), and then "Subscribe" to the saved search to automatically receive an email when new search results appear. I do this for eBay and Craigslist and it's how I have found many of the items I've been looking for. Good luck!

Comment

• thunt4jr
        Forum Newbie
        • Aug 2020

Thank you for your reply. I have the eBay notification on my phone for anything that is listed on eBay under BT3000 or BT3100. My wife isn't too thrill about me being on a mission to find the rip fence. Everything on my phone is on DND except for eBay. I have seen two rip fences on eBay the last 2 weeks but one wasn't that great of the condition and the other was $250!

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Did you get and read the BT3 FAQ which is linked at the bottom of this reply?
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• thunt4jr
            Forum Newbie
            • Aug 2020

Originally posted by LCHIEN
            Welcome to the forum BTW.

Did you get and read the BT3 FAQ which is linked at the bottom of this reply?
            Thank you!

Yes, I have read the PDF file after I made this post. It has a lot of nice information on it.

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by thunt4jr

Thank you!

Yes, I have read the PDF file after I made this post. It has a lot of nice information on it.
              Thank you. I haven't updated it for a number of years, but not much new is out there. Frankly, when I go back and read it I'm amazed how much useful information I was able to amass for that article once I started collecting it.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• nicer20
                Established Member
                • Sep 2007
                • Dublin, CA
                • BT3100

While we are discussing the rip fence, let me ask this please. Is it normal for the rip fence to make a big "clunk" noise (as if something was stuck & released) when I release/unlock the fence? Or does this indicate some thing not correctly setup and needs tuning?

Thanks in advance,

NG

Comment

• thunt4jr
                  Forum Newbie
                  • Aug 2020

Originally posted by nicer20
                  While we are discussing the rip fence, let me ask this please. Is it normal for the rip fence to make a big "clunk" noise (as if something was stuck & released) when I release/unlock the fence? Or does this indicate some thing not correctly setup and needs tuning?

Thanks in advance,

NG
                  I'm not quite sure about that. But I tell you the noise wouldn't bother me cause I'm deaf.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                    Internet Fact Checker
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Katy, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Thanks in advance,

NG
                    mine's completely quiet.

Maybe lubricate some moving pivots points in the rear locking bracket, I also do not lock mine any harder than necessary. I find it doesn't take much to make it non movable.
                    Last edited by LCHIEN; 09-05-2020, 02:09 AM.
                    Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• jlhumbert
                      Forum Newbie
                      • Jul 2015
                      • Palatka, FL
                      • Ryobi BT3000

Thanks in advance,

NG
                      Mine makes some noise (mostly when I'm locking it), but I never thought anything of it (maybe the grip pad on the rails? I don't really know.)

Comment

• ballard770
                        Established Member
                        • Jan 2016
                        • Washington State
                        • Ryobi BT3000

Thank you for your reply. I have the eBay notification on my phone for anything that is listed on eBay under BT3000 or BT3100. My wife isn't too thrill about me being on a mission to find the rip fence. Everything on my phone is on DND except for eBay. I have seen two rip fences on eBay the last 2 weeks but one wasn't that great of the condition and the other was $250!
                        FYI, there is a rip f3nce on eBay for $69 or best offer. Of course it may not work properly but at that price you c@n afford to get the aftermarket aluminum end piece that has been problematic, at least for me.

Comment

• thunt4jr
                          Forum Newbie
                          • Aug 2020

My rip fence finally came in today and I'm pretty surprised how clean and new it is! I have been told that it was used a few times and then put away for all these years. I finally got all the parts I need for my BT31000!!!

Comment

• jlhumbert
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Jul 2015
                            • Palatka, FL
                            • Ryobi BT3000

My rip fence finally came in today and I'm pretty surprised how clean and new it is! I have been told that it was used a few times and then put away for all these years. I finally got all the parts I need for my BT31000!!!
                            Nice! Hope it all works as expected.

Comment

Working...