• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

I really really liked my Craftsman version of the BT saw. The compact folding stand didn’t take up half the space in my shop like its replacement, a Powermatic 64 cast iron top contractor model saw imbedded in a large wooded cabinet saw structure. The Craftsman saw has great portability, which you can’t say for the standard BT, stored well against a wall and had all the features of the BT. When you get a “cabinet style” saw one tends to build an equally large outfeed table. While this is not always a bad thing, the storage possibilities are endless and before you know it you have gathered enough STUFF to fill a 35 foot long connex trailer that now resides in, on and under the saw and outfeed table. I think for my next stimulus check I’m going to dispose of my large table saw and 24 sf outfeed table and replace it with a SawStop Jobsite Pro, (which has the fold up frame simular to the Craftsman BT) and a fold up outfeed table suited for a track saw and get rid of a lot of clutter. Now when is the next Stimulus check due?
    capncarl

Comment

• ballard770
      Established Member
      • Jan 2016
      • Washington State
      • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by Dutch49506
      I've found the Craftsman version of the saw on Craigslist for $200 that I'm considering, and I'm looking at motors online, too. Did the motor change year-to-year? Or will I be okay with any BT3000 motor?

I can get by without it for a bit (although I'll need to borrow a jobsite saw on Friday to help my dad-in-law). But you're all correct: I'm not loaning the table saw out again.

st
      From my experience they are interchangeable but the later saws have a 15 amp motor vs the 13 amp motor on earlier models. I don’t know if the 2 amp difference is critical as long as you don’t overfeed the saw. I would suggest getting the larger motor just to play it safe. I always use ten nails wher only six nails are needed. Any job worth doing is worth overdoing!

Lee

Comment

• Jim Frye
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Maumee, OH, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Without going down to the shop and opening up the original BT3000 and the original BT3100, I can’t verify if the motor mounts are the same, but maybe you could get the locker bracket with the new motor. The original motors were made in the U.S. and the later motors and the BT3100 motors were made in China.
        Jim Frye
        The Nut in the Cellar.
        ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• Jim Frye
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2002
          • Maumee, OH, USA.
          • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

OK, curiosity got the better of me and I went down to the library. The 1992 manual (13 amp.) and the 1996 manual (15 amp.) exploded parts diagrams for the BT3000 look identical. Unfortunately, there are no part numbers listed, so one can’t confirm differences. The part the motor assembly bolts to is called the guide, not the locker bracket which it slides up and down in and they look the same for both. The 2002 (15 amp. BT3100) manual doesn’t have the exploded parts diagrams as Ryobi legal removed the parts diagrams from all Ryobi tool manuals when some twit sued them after he injured himself attempting a DIY repair of a drill. I’m still trying to figure out why Ryobi lists the exploded parts diagrams online for the electric riding mowers, but I’m grateful that they do.
          Jim Frye
          The Nut in the Cellar.
          ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• ballard770
            Established Member
            • Jan 2016
            • Washington State
            • Ryobi BT3000

I may have manuals with part numbers, but finding them right now may be a bit dicey.

one thing to be cautious about is the guide mount and the proper shims. The older saws have two smooth flat shims and two smooth angled shims. I don’t know when the change was made but the later saws used two smooth flat shims (same as on older saws) and two ribbed angle shims. The guide mount used with the ribbed angle shims is different than what is used with the smooth angled shims. This may be compounded by the fact that the new guide mounts to be used with ribbed angle shims may not be identified with the part number.

I will try to find the appropriate manuals with part numbers of motors, guide mounts and shims.

please note: this info has a double your money back guarantee but oh, it is free so 2 X 0=0

Lee

Comment

• Lowell
              • Jul 2003
              • Chula Vista, CA, USA.
              • Ryobi 10” Precision Woodcutting System, Model BT3100

Diagrams and parts lists for both BT3000 and BT3100 attached. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Lowell
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...