• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Dont give up on looking at the library for printer services, our little two light town with population of <30k has 2 library’s with one having the 3d printers. They have the new technology centers to train students...... but only the library technicians are allowed to operate the equipment. I can’t really see how that’s training students, but it’s obvious I can’t see a lot of things nowadays with my mask pulled up over the top of my nose!

Comment

• Pappy
      The Full Monte
      • Dec 2002
      • San Marcos, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 (x2)

I'm going to bump this thread up again. I know someone here was printing the slides and the only digital files I've seen are for printing parts for the rip fence.
      Last edited by Pappy; 06-05-2020, 12:39 PM.
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

• Pappy
        The Full Monte
        • Dec 2002
        • San Marcos, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 (x2)

This thread is about the SMT sliders. https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...ed-smt-a-slide

The 2 members that were most involved in the design and printing of the modified sliders both responded. atgcpaul was the one that printed them but, unfortunately, he no longer has the capability. I am going to look for a local company that can make them and, if there is enough interest maybe have a small run of them done. I'll post any updates here as I get them.
        Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
        Fools because they have to say something.
        Plato

Comment

• kczip
          Handtools only
          • Jun 2020
          • Liberty, MO

Originally posted by Pappy
          This thread is about the SMT sliders. https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...ed-smt-a-slide

The 2 members that were most involved in the design and printing of the modified sliders both responded. atgcpaul was the one that printed them but, unfortunately, he no longer has the capability. I am going to look for a local company that can make them and, if there is enough interest maybe have a small run of them done. I'll post any updates here as I get them.
          I would be interested in a set if you have them printed

Comment

• snowmansmedleys
            Forum Newbie
            • Jan 2021

I really don't like shilling, but I've made replacement slide sets.
            They're my own design based on the OEM parts, but slightly different.
            Their printed in either Nylon 6/6 or 6/12, so they're silky smooth and wear like iron.

BT3000 or BT3100 Nylon Miter Table Slides (1 complete set) 661845001 661844001

I'll post this in the other threads that I found. Feel free to delete my posts and shove it in a new thread if you feel that's more fitting.

Comment

• nicer20
              Established Member
              • Sep 2007
              • Dublin, CA
              • BT3100

snowmansmedleys I saw your design - I have noticed that my original SMT has a bit of a play side-to-side. Will your new slides eliminate that play?

BTW is this design reversible such that you can rotate 180 degrees to get double the use when one side wears down?

Thanks in advance.

- NG

Comment

• twistsol
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2002
                • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
                • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Originally posted by nicer20
                snowmansmedleys I have noticed that my original SMT has a bit of a play side-to-side.

- NG
                Three of the four original slides should be mounted with eccentric screws so you can adjust them to eliminate the play. Of course as they wear, they may need to be adjusted and this eventually no longer works when they have worn too much.
                Chr's

Comment

• nicer20
                  nicer20 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The saw has not been used much either by the original owner or since I bought it. So it may be just the tune up needed. Currently reading here on how to really adjust the SMT. Seems overwhelming initially but hopefully will get it. Such a great group of knowledgeable and helpful folks.
              • snowmansmedleys
                Forum Newbie
                • Jan 2021

Originally posted by nicer20
                snowmansmedleys I saw your design - I have noticed that my original SMT has a bit of a play side-to-side. Will your new slides eliminate that play?

BTW is this design reversible such that you can rotate 180 degrees to get double the use when one side wears down?

Thanks in advance.

- NG
                The slides are not reversible, so you only get two wear surfaces per slide.
                I unfortunately had to choose between robust retainer slides and more available wear surfaces.
                I don't suggest doing it, but I've tried to pry the sliding table off the rail in order to snap the retainer slides and I couldn't do it.

If you don't want to replace your OEM slides, you could buy ring shims to stack behind the OEM slides.
                McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595&#44;000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

Comment

Working...