X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Surfhunter
    Handtools only
    • Jan 2019

Fence Roller Holder broken

Anyone know where I can get a roller holder for a BT3000 fence? The black plastic piece the goes into the back of the fence has cracked. Part stores online show it as discontinued.
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

You can try Reed's Sales and Service 1260 Payne Ave St. Paul, MN 55130 Phone: 651-774-9515 - Fax: 651-774-1532

They used to service Ryobi stuff and they still had some parts in stock a year or so ago last time I was there. If that doesn't work, you can make a replacement using the article below.

Chr's

Comment

• jlhumbert
      Forum Newbie
      • Jul 2015
      • Palatka, FL
      • Ryobi BT3000

It's ridiculously overpriced, but here's a link to one for sale on ebay.
      This is the end assembly from a BT3000 table saw fence. It will work for a BT3100 also. Need to repair your Ryobi fence?. Used fence part forRyobi BT3000/BT3100 table saw. | eBay!

Comment

• Surfhunter
        Handtools only
        • Jan 2019

Wow. Love my saw, but the pricing on parts is getting scary.

At atleast there are ways to improvise.

Comment

• jlhumbert
          Forum Newbie
          • Jul 2015
          • Palatka, FL
          • Ryobi BT3000

I just found this one machined out of aluminum for about the same price. Probably wouldn't ever have to worry about this one cracking.
          Redesigned for strength and reliability. The plastic body is replaced with high grade 6061 aluminum. | eBay!

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

The roller holder has a lot of stress and apparently breaks frequently. At least In terms of a twenty year saw life so far.
            I think I replaced mine once (shattered) and did some repair work another time. I probably have a spare.
            But, I'm tempted to order the aluminum one to make my saw last forever. Anybody got one yet?
            Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-29-2019, 05:30 AM.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• leehljp
              Just me
              • Dec 2002
              • Tunica, MS
              • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
              The roller holder has a lot of stress and apparently breaks frequently. At least In terms of a twenty year saw life so far.
              I think I replaced mine once (shattered) and did some repair work another time. I probably have a spare.
              But, I'm tempted to order the aluminum one to make my saw last forever. Anybody got one yet?
              I developed a crack on mine this past Saturday and looked looked at the aluminum one on eBay Sunday. It sure would be nice to have one that won't break under normal operating conditions - including aging.
              Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• tfischer
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2003
                • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
                • BT3100

Hmmm now I need to look at mine more carefully. I mentioned on the other fence thread that my fence suddenly went far out of alignment. I didn't notice anything odd but wasn't inspecting for (or expecting) cracked parts.

I like the idea of the aluminum one. And I love my saw so would certainly put that investment into it if necessary.

Comment

• leehljp
                  Just me
                  • Dec 2002
                  • Tunica, MS
                  • BT3000/3100

Got my machined aluminum rocker holder in this morning and installed it this afternoon. It works well. I dropped and lost the pen that holds the roller. Got my 18" bar magnet out to find it but could not find it. I quickly found an old broken 1/4 inch bit and ground the end to the proper length and used that. It went together well and functions perfect. Locks well too.

The aluminum block comes with two screws that mount it to the extruded bar, as the original screws are made to screw into the plastic block; however the aluminum block was not only machined but had been tapped for the included machine screws. The whole thing fit perfectly and was machined perfectly too. No more broken end blocks. That was the third block that I had to replace in 18 years over two different saws. But I am through with that now.
                  Last edited by leehljp; 02-09-2019, 04:05 PM.
                  Hank Lee

Comment

• LCHIEN
                    LCHIEN commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I seem to recall the roller pin was aluminum. No wonder your magnet wouldn't find it.
                • Black walnut
                  Administrator
                  • Aug 2015
                  • BT3K

Hank does it still use the factory roll pin to hold the rear clamper? This machined part looks to be the final solution to making the fence last more than a lifetime.
                  just another brick in the wall...

Boycott McAfee. They placed an unresponsive popup on my pc.

Comment

• leehljp
                    Just me
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Tunica, MS
                    • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by Black walnut
                    Hank does it still use the factory roll pin to hold the rear clamper? This machined part looks to be the final solution to making the fence last more than a lifetime.
                    Yes, it uses the factory roll pin. I used a Phillips screw driver with light taps with a hammer to get it out and back in. It wasn't difficult at all.

Loring - Aluminum? I Didn't know that. When I pulled it out, it wasn't nasty dirty, but it was enough dust that I didn't notice that it was not steel.
                    Last edited by leehljp; 02-10-2019, 02:53 PM.
                    Hank Lee

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by leehljp

Yes, it uses the factory roll pin. I used a Phillips screw driver with light taps with a hammer to get it out and back in. It wasn't difficult at all.

Loring - Aluminum? I Didn't know that. When I pulled it out, it wasn't nasty dirty, but it was enough dust that I didn't notice that it was not steel.
                      I'm talking about the 1/4" axle for the roller wheel. The one for the clamper is a steel spring roll pin.maybe about an 1/8th inch.
                      An at least I think from memory that the axle for the roller wheel is aluminum.
                      Its been a few years.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	BT3000 roller parts.jpg
Views:	1147
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	836060
                      The roll pin appears to be 1/4" but the axle for the roller wheel appears to be aluminum, from these pictures.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by LCHIEN; 02-11-2019, 04:36 AM.
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA
                      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• leehljp
                        Just me
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Tunica, MS
                        • BT3000/3100

I replaced the short pin for the roller with a 1/4 inch drill bit shaft that I cut down to size (length). I didn't realize that the original was aluminum.
                        Hank Lee

Comment

• LCHIEN
                          Internet Fact Checker
                          • Dec 2002
                          • Katy, TX, USA.
                          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by leehljp
                          I replaced the short pin for the roller with a 1/4 inch drill bit shaft that I cut down to size (length). I didn't realize that the original was aluminum.
                          I don't think it makes any difference to operation. I just commented it was aluminum because you said you tried to retrieve it with a magnet.
                          Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• The Fishing Hobby
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Feb 2019

I just thought I'd throw in that I ordered one of these machined aluminum parts as well. I went ahead and ordered a complete assembly because it was around $12 more total and comes with an aluminum roller wheel. Professional quality machining and a great upgrade!
                            Here is a link to that part in case anyone else wants one: https://ebay.us/MsUFT5

Comment

Working...