• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Great! Another BT3K user! I didn't see a reference to the articles section here, but you will find many, many articles there on the BT3000 saw. Spend some time there and you will find all sorts of jigs and fixtures designed just for this saw.

This is the top level CMS page that shows all categories that hold the articles on this site
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• Macsauce2012
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2018
      • BT3000

Comment

• Macsauce2012
        Forum Newbie
        • Dec 2018
        • BT3000

Concerns in the pictures are the sliders, bent sliding miter table(fixed part), leveling, and lastly how do you guys use the measurements on the rails or do you just measure and mark on the wood then cut?

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Rail measurements:
          After I get the rip fence aligned, I raise the blade some, then move the rip fence over so it kisses the blade.
          This is the zero width rip reference. So I just loosen the two levers in the front that secure the front rail and slide the front rail until zero appear under the hair line cursor.
          Lock the rail levers again.
          Now the rip fence calibrates, very accurately in my experience, the width of the ripped pieces.

SMT Base. Yes it does look bent. The part then extends in front of the saw, I have no idea how to fix that. Looks like someone used it as a step ladder.

Auxiliary table levels... the bubble doesn't tell me much since I don't know if the saw top has been leveled. I can't tell for sure but it looks level across the main table and the auxiliary table and the SMT. IS there significant space between the level and the various parts of the saw? I suppose you can make a few thousandths height difference by using play in the rail locking levels and in the past, we have suggested using some shim material under the Aux table and SMT where ti rides on the rails.

And, have you downloaded and read the FAQ yet?
          Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-04-2019, 02:48 AM.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• tfischer
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2003
            • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
            • BT3100

I've never bothered to use the measurements on the rail... it depends on which side of the blade your keep piece is, etc. I've always just measured with a tape off of the blade.

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Blade arbor locking wrench for BT3000, the 1/2" size for $7.88 shipped if you want the cheapest arbor locking wrench
              Amazon
              https://www.amazon.com/WRENCH-SMALL-...+bt3000+wrench
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• jabe
                • Apr 2006
                • Hilo, Hawaii
                • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

Welcome to the forum, Loring's FAQ is invaluable.

You don't need the factory wrenches, I just use open end wrenches to tighten the arbor nut & shaft. One of the biggest mistake newbies make is to over tighten the arbor nut, if you make it too tight, the blade will wobble when you run the saw. While holding the arbor shaft with one wrench, I just tighten the arbor nut till snug + 1/4 turn more. The arbor thread is reverse or counter clockwise so it'll stay tighten as the saw runs, been doing this for over 45+ yrs. haven't had a blade come loose yet.
                I never use the measurement on the rails, every time you change your blade from thick to thin kerf, you'll need to adjust the rail measurement scale, that's a waste of time. Just measure from the tip of the teeth on the blade to the fence and set it to your measurement and cut. I taught HS Wood shop for 25+ yrs. & worked in the construction industry 12+ yrs. retired now for 12+yrs. good to see young people getting into wood working.

Comment

• LCHIEN
                  LCHIEN commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, don't overtighten the arbor nut. It is self tightening (that the reason its a left handed nut).
              • Macsauce2012
                Forum Newbie
                • Dec 2018
                • BT3000

So I noticed an issue with my saw. I am making my wife a shadow box, and I am doing 45° miter joints, I found out my sliding miter table moves away from the blade on the second half of the cut anyone know of a way to correct this? I'm assuming this is because of bad sliders?

Comment

• tfischer
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2003
                  • Plymouth (Minneapolis), MN, USA.
                  • BT3100

There are eccentric screws on the table which will correct this. Download the manual and check out Loring's FAQ.

Comment

• Macsauce2012
                    Forum Newbie
                    • Dec 2018
                    • BT3000

Got my switch today, but I dont see in the FAQ on how to replace it? I am probably over looking it

Comment

• LCHIEN
                      Internet Fact Checker
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Katy, TX, USA.
                      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Macsauce2012
                      Got my switch today, but I dont see in the FAQ on how to replace it? I am probably over looking it
                      I've not donre this so its a guess from what I've heard.
                      Take off the right side panel and it will dangle by a ground strap wire.
                      You should be able to reach behind the front panel switch.
                      The wires to the switch (guessing again here) are probably fast-on, quick connect terminals you have to slide the wires off the flat terminals and they should be quite snug.You'll have to wiggle quite a bit to get them off the switch. Then put in the same place on the new switch. You should be able to see the male tabs on the back of the new switch.

Picture of fast on terminals wire end type.
                      https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1eMf3M...pg_640x640.jpg

Pictures of switch (not BT3000) with typical faston male tabs shown
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	switch.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	835805
                      Last edited by LCHIEN; 01-10-2019, 04:49 AM.
                      Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• Macsauce2012
                        Forum Newbie
                        • Dec 2018
                        • BT3000

Thank you! Finally figured ot out thanks!

Comment

• mmcduffie
                          Established Member
                          • Dec 2003
                          • Des Moines, Washington.
                          • BT3000

Day late and a dollar short as usual but there's a router/jigsaw kit on Craigslist in Seattle and if I still have the new in box one I found at Goodwill, you can have it for postage.

Comment

• Macsauce2012
                            Forum Newbie
                            • Dec 2018
                            • BT3000

I would be in for that!

Comment

• Macsauce2012
                              Forum Newbie
                              • Dec 2018
                              • BT3000

You sure? Feel free to text me 4196056174