Picked up my BT3100 today! shhh...don't tell the wife.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HammerToeNH
    replied
    Originally posted by twistsol

There is a link on the homepage in the supporters section to t-nuts.com that will get you a discount. and it is copied below as well
    • T-Nuts.com
    Dah, stupid me... Now that is twisted... lol

Leave a comment:

• twistsol
    replied
    Originally posted by HammerToeNH
    ... There used to be a guy on here that made t-nuts, it he still in business? I forget what size t-nuts the saw uses.

Thanks again,
    John
    There is a link on the homepage in the supporters section to t-nuts.com that will get you a discount. and it is copied below as well
    • T-Nuts.com

Leave a comment:

• LCHIEN
    replied
    Welcome back

Throat plate screws are 10-24 Flat Head machine screws if I recall correctly. They come kind long from the factory but you only need about 1/2" max.
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-30-2018, 06:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Picked up my BT3100 today! shhh...don't tell the wife.

I had been eyeing a BT3100 on craigslist for the past month and pulled the trigger today. Saw is the original 3100 from ~2006 and in pretty good shape for its age. Apparently, the guy I purchased it used as a back up but never used it. Blade adjustments were a little stiff, probably just need to lube. Height and Bevel worked as expected. Motor sounded good, normal wear on fence and no slop on the SMT Only thing missing was the throat plate screw and blade guard. Picked it up for $160.

What I didn't tell the wife was I went on a shopping spree and picked up the wide table kit, dual miter slot tray, wrenches, dado throat plate , zero clearance throat plates and a few T-Nuts. Merry Christmas to me!

I've been out of woodworking for over several years, My first saw was a BT3100 when it was first released but I quickly replaced it with a Delta w/Beismyer. Well my EX had a fire sale with my shop and I just never had time or space to pick the hobby back up. Now I have the time and limited space, so the BT3100 will do well for me. I remember the old BT3K forum and I plan on building the Red & Maple Cart and also revisit some of the Kirby additions

A few other items that I need for the shop, suggestions welcomed, Planner, Jointer and Dust Collection. There used to be a guy on here that made t-nuts, it he still in business? I forget what size t-nuts the saw uses.

Thanks again,
    John
Working...