Picked up my BT3100 today! shhh...don't tell the wife.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

HammerToeMH, sorry for the distraction, sometimes we get a bit long winded here. Tell us about your new saw! There is some pretty good info on this site that informs you how to lubricate and maintain the blade raising and lowrimg mechanisms, sounds like you need that before you twist something off. There is also information on a must have.... the shark guard to replace the missing guard on your saw, before you are missing some digits. Then throw you a fresh sharp blade on your new purchase and make your wife something pretty for Christmas!
    capncarl

Comment

• HammerToeNH
      Forum Newbie
      • Jul 2018
      • Concord, New Hampshire
      • BT3100

Originally posted by capncarl
      HammerToeMH, sorry for the distraction, sometimes we get a bit long winded here. Tell us about your new saw! There is some pretty good info on this site that informs you how to lubricate and maintain the blade raising and lowrimg mechanisms, sounds like you need that before you twist something off. There is also information on a must have.... the shark guard to replace the missing guard on your saw, before you are missing some digits. Then throw you a fresh sharp blade on your new purchase and make your wife something pretty for Christmas!
      capncarl
      It's all good! I remembered there is a tone of info from the Old BT3K forums. The FAQ's are a good start but what I noticed was if you click on some of the supplied links the URL's point to non-existant landing page. IE I was trying to download a cad file for the maroon and maple stand. Also couldn't download the file which has the BT3K dimensions to consider when building a stand.

I remember when the first shark guard was built. Amazing to see how much it has progressed. It is on my shortlist.

One thing I noticed after I picked up the saw was the guy gave me a BT3000 fence and not the Bt3100. It's not a big deal as it still functions but it was missing the bevel scales...I have those on order and should be here shortly. I posted a fence question in the forum as well. I am going to disassemble the fence and go through it. The cast fence body has some chips in the paint and I will probably just touch it up with some black undercoating. I was able to locate some BT3100 fence parts that I may purchase and put together a new fence and hold on to the one purchased for a backup. Only other thing that is on my shortlist is the Extended miter fence but again, I have located most of the parts to assemble one.

I've been looking at blades, normally I just purchase Diablo combination and fine finish. Dado blade, I was looking at the Freud S206 or Oshlun SDS-0630 . Both have good reviews but thinking I am leaning towards the Oshlum.

I really want to go through the saw and give it some TLC but the weather is turning fast here in NH. I was not able to finish bringing electrical to my shed this past summer, so for now I will need to break out my generator and add a small heater.
      Last edited by HammerToeNH; 12-04-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• twistsol
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
        • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Originally posted by HammerToeNH
        The FAQ's are a good start but what I noticed was if you click on some of the supplied links the URL's point to non-existant landing page. IE I was trying to download a cad file for the maroon and maple stand. Also couldn't download the file which has the BT3K dimensions to consider when building a stand.
        If you find and broken links, send a pm to twistsol with a link to the page where the broken link is found. I've fixed a a few hundred or so over the years as I've found them, but I'm certain I've barely made a dent.

Chr's

Comment

• HammerToeNH
          Forum Newbie
          • Jul 2018
          • Concord, New Hampshire
          • BT3100

Originally posted by twistsol

If you find and broken links, send a pm to twistsol with a link to the page where the broken link is found. I've fixed a a few hundred or so over the years as I've found them, but I'm certain I've barely made a dent.
          Will do.. I will go back and find the ones I was looking for.

Thanks again...

Comment

Working...