• Show
Clear All
  • UPS1990
    Forum Newbie
    • May 2017
    • Southern Cal
    • BT 3100

Another new member!

The previous new member told us that he bought his BT due to what he read on this site co concerning this TS. Well... you can add me to this list! I've been visiting this site for the last two years and last year bought for 175.00 my BT3100 in San Clemente, Ca. It was super clean when I bought it and have used it regularly ever since. I've learned so much from members here who contribute a vast amount of knowledge to those who are new to this type is TS.
    Bought the accessories kit from HD and found an additional mitre slot at my local swap meet for $20.00.
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

Welcome UPS1990! Be sure to paint the "red" line! A line in the groove directly in line with the blade. If your fence or fingers were to cross the line they will be cut. Many a user "joined the club" prior to painting the line by inadvertently trimming their miter fence end. Lchien coined the term "paint the red line" independently from my safety yellow line at about the same time. His idea took hold and became the most typed phrase in the early days of this forum.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions or give us some pointers that you have discovered or been taught. Thanks for joining us.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• d_meister
        Established Member
        • Feb 2009
        • La Conner, WA.
        • BT3000

Welcome. Nice looking saw and looks like a great deal. Isn't that a second cannibalized saw table top under the rip guide? That's a great idea. Like a Frankinsaw with only one motor.

Comment

• Slik Geek
          • Dec 2006
          • Lake County, Illinois
          • Ryobi BT-3000

Nice find!

Comment

• UPS1990
            Forum Newbie
            • May 2017
            • Southern Cal
            • BT 3100

Originally posted by d_meister
            Welcome. Nice looking saw and looks like a great deal. Isn't that a second cannibalized saw table top under the rip guide? That's a great idea. Like a Frankinsaw with only one motor.
            Yes! I found bought an additional BT3000 on CL that was badly beaten up for cheap, took the top off this model minus the motor and used it to install the right hand DMS to mine. Members here have posted how to install it using shims and brackets but figured this was way easier and faster.

Comment

• cwsmith
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2005
              • NY Southern Tier, USA.
              • BT3100-1

Welcome UPS1990,

It's always nice to have another BT owner here, although that's not really a requirement.

Lots of great information for any woodworker I think and I certainly enjoy logging on to this site almost every day. There some really experienced members here and I've learned a lot about the BT and certainly woodworking in general from the very fine membership here.

So welcome aboard and I look forward to your future posts,

CWS
              Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...