X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inkslinger
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2014

Router set-up

I'm thinking on getting a new router an taught about using the router set-up on my BT3000 table , should i stick with the Ryobi Router an what should I need to get like the router mounting kit?
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

I have a lot in my BT3 FAQ about using routers n the BT3000, get a copy (see my sig lines below)
    A few quick pointers - if using a fence, you need to get the rear rail clamp for the Aux table - comes with the router mtg kit
    The router mounting kit makes it somewhat easy. It has questionably useful fence stuff to make the rip fence be a router fence. The important parts are the filler plates for the hole in the middle and the mounting plat which you screw the touter to and then scre the plate to the bottom of the aux table
    The mountuing plate is drilled for some so-so Ryobi routers I'm not even sure if they are still available and some Sears labeled routers made by ryobi that were so-so.
    The best routers would be the Bosch 1617evs, the Dewalt 618 series and the porter cable 690 or 890 series which I think share a 3-hole mounting pattern, that you'll have to drill (use the baseplate as a template.)
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• inkslinger
      Forum Newbie
      • Feb 2014

Came across some 4060310 miter slot table for the BT3000 , still around an order 2 . Can I install one on each side of the blade? I'm thinking of just going with a router table, some thing not to expensive since it is my first time use.

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by inkslinger
        Came across some 4060310 miter slot table for the BT3000 , still around an order 2 . Can I install one on each side of the blade? I'm thinking of just going with a router table, some thing not to expensive since it is my first time use.
        Inkslinger, did you get the FAQ?
        Just follow the link (click on it) in my signature line at the bottom of this post. It will take you to another post, that has the link for the FAQ. I think that you will find it very useful.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• inkslinger
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2014

Thanks Lchien it took me a while to fine a free PDF reader for windows 10, found one will read all soon . I just bought a Porter Cable 560 quick jig to add to my tool list an I'm impress as to size an cast iron build you get from a Porter Cable Product .

Comment

• KenBurris
            KenBurris commented
            Editing a comment
            Windows 10 Edge browser should open your PDFs
        • LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by inkslinger
          Thanks Lchien it took me a while to fine a free PDF reader for windows 10, found one will read all soon . I just bought a Porter Cable 560 quick jig to add to my tool list an I'm impress as to size an cast iron build you get from a Porter Cable Product .
          First time I've seen that PC 560. I have a Kreg Jig kit. The 560 Looks pretty impressive.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• inkslinger
            Forum Newbie
            • Feb 2014

Only 1 setting on PC 560 , set collar on the bit 1 time for all wood sizes from 1/2 to 2x4's . You can use 2x4's for extensions support an the base is heavy to use by it self or clamp down or mounted on a table. I like it very much.

Comment

Working...