Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3D Printing for Discontinued SMT "A" Slide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had two tables, I put them in one and forgot which I put them in/on. I have used both at different times and both at the same time. Then gave one of my TS to my son-in-law in the Dallas area of Texas. I'll check and see what I have on mine. IF it is not the ones sent to me to test, then they are on the table in Texas. IIRC, the one by atgcpaul were not black, either green or blue?

Since neither of us have had problems, they have worked. My SIL has not complained or called to ask how to fix a broken slide, and he does use it regularly,
    Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

CWS,

I just sent you a PM.

Pappy
      Don, aka Pappy,

Wise men talk because they have something to say,
      Fools because they have to say something.
      Plato

Comment

Woodturner, I'm showing your message to me and 2 replies (me to you / then you to me) in my message folder. If you didn't get them let me know.

Pappy
        Don, aka Pappy,

Plato

Comment

• woodturner
          woodturner commented
          Editing a comment
          I received your replies.

Pappy,

The envelope is in the mail and you should have it on Tuesday the 16th.

CWS
        Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

CWS,

I got them yesterday. It will be a while before I can get them installed. Looks like it will take at least 2 days to untape the package!!!

Many thanks,

Pappy
          Last edited by Pappy; 06-17-2020, 12:04 PM.
          Don, aka Pappy,

Plato

Comment

• cwsmith
            cwsmith commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry about that package. I looked around for an envelope, that would be suitable and decided I needed to properly tape it. Not sure about your area but I've gotten too many packages in the last couple of months that were torn, ripped, or crumpled. Not sure what's with the Post Office, but I'm under the impression that they are loosing their more experienced people and training just sucks. My mail man of 15 years retired early, the second guy got sick, and now I see a couple different guys a week... and my mail gets delivered much later in the day, often after supper. That along with my local postal office closed and the main one being threatened. So, better safe than sorry on the packaging.

Glad you got them though and hope they work out for you. Thanks for letting me know that you received them!

CWS

Just a being sarcastic about the package. The slides look great.

Experienced guess on the late mail delivery you are having. If your new regular is out sick they are doing what is called pivoting the route. If there isn't a carrier available to run the route it gets split up between several other carriers and gets delivered after they finish their routes. I retired 6 years ago after 17 years on the same route. The route is too big even after they cut some off it and they still can't get anyone to bid on it and stay on it.
          Don, aka Pappy,

Plato

Comment

Thanks Pappy. You are most likely correct. Our mail man was really nice and I enjoyed seeing his often. Really a hard worker and very nice man all around. But they kept adding more and more to his route here on the city's west side. Then when this Covid thing broke out, John just decided it was time to retire I think. While we had him for the 14 or so years we've lived here, he had worked the area for most of his working life. He just disappeared one day and the new guy said he retired. A few weeks later, that guy disappeared and I was told he got sick, but we don't know anything beyond that. Now I get different delivery people on different days and while we used to get mail almost every day, we now get it maybe three or four times a week, and it's usually a handful.

I tell you that I don't envy anyone that job. It used to be that people were nicer and more appreciative, but the whole country seems angrier today.

CWS
            Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...
            X