• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gassit
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2012

Need Ryobi BT3000 Screw

Hello,

I have a Ryobi BT3000 with which I'm about to fit a new belt(s).

While taking the saw apart I stripped the head of one of the screws but still managed to remove it.

I've tried everywhere here in Australia to find a replacement screw but to no avail.

The screw I'm after is Part Number: 85 614658-007 SCREW
    (8-32 X 3/4 in. PAN HD.)

Is this type of screw an exclusive Ryobi part or are they generally available?

Any information would be greatly appreciated as my BT3000 is out of action until I can find the screw.

Thank you.
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

Hopefully someone local will have an answer. Not sure if they ship down under, but you might check these guys out, they have panhead in 8x32, 3/4in. http://www.mcmaster.com/#machine-screws/=y1klap
    Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

you should be able to find an 8-32 x 3/4" machine screw at just about any hardware store, it's a very, very common size.
      The Pan head is just a style of head, a round head or pan head will do, phiillips or slotted is fine, just change screwdriver styles.. Just don't get a flat head, countersunk or bugle head
      Click image for larger version

Name:	screw heads.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	787305

They will have them in the packaged hardware packs, probably 5 or ten screws for $1.59 or something. ALso they will have hardware bins with sometimes single screws.

The Ace hardware near me always has good, well stocked hardware bins, and Lowes and Home Depot have lots of hardware, but sometimes not as well stocked as Ace.

McMaster Carr and Graingers and even Amazon will have them on-line but you're going to have to buy 100 at a time for about 10 or 20 bucks.
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 07-13-2015, 11:58 PM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Gassit
        Forum Newbie
        • Apr 2012

Bill

Originally posted by Bill in Buena Park
        Hopefully someone local will have an answer. Not sure if they ship down under, but you might check these guys out, they have panhead in 8x32, 3/4in. http://www.mcmaster.com/#machine-screws/=y1klap

Thanks Bill-- I'll see what they have to ffer.

Comment

• Gassit
          Forum Newbie
          • Apr 2012

Thank you too.

Unfortunately I live in Australia, where everything is metric now. Nobody stocks any imperial screws.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

I could throw one in the mail to you, not sure how long it would take to get there.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.

Comment

• trungdok
              Established Member
              • Oct 2012
              • MA

Originally posted by LCHIEN
              I could throw one in the mail to you, not sure how long it would take to get there.
              That's super nice. This is one of the reasons I stick with this forum and check back frequently.

Comment

• Gassit
                Forum Newbie
                • Apr 2012

I've sent a message to Loring thanking him for his generous offer.

Thanks everyone!

Comment

• gerti
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2003
                  • Minnetonka, MN, USA.
                  • BT3100 "Frankensaw"

I always thought a cheese head looks like so:

Click image for larger version

Name:	green-bay-packer-cheesehead.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	787308

Comment

• LCHIEN
                    Internet Fact Checker
                    • Dec 2002
                    • Katy, TX, USA.
                    • BT3000 vintage 1999

Gassit got his screws on the 25th July mailed 14th July mailed by USPS first class air mail to Australia.

The screws were found easily in the drawer assortment of machine screws I got many years ago. The real problem was how to send it.

I wrapped them in a layer of bubble and went to the USPS site...
                    international mail flat envelopes had to be non-irregular and thickest part under .25" thick or else thy had to go like a parcel.
                    A flat envelope was just over a buck and any other options were 6 to 10 bucks.
                    Hmmmm, my envelope was nearly 1/2" thick.

So went back and the best I could do to make it fit was to embed the shank of the screw into slots cut into two layers of corrugated cardboard and a T- cut to that for the head. The heads made the tiniest bump in the envelope.
                    The cardboard would make it non-irregular compared to two loose screws.
                    The micrometer says .3" for the width of the head which you had to locate by the bumps but I decided what the heck, I don't think the USPS is using micrometers on their envelope.

Then there was customs declaration forms for merchandise... I decided what the heck 2 screws are not merchandise and didn't declare it..

I guess it worked, he got it.
                    Last edited by LCHIEN; 07-26-2015, 09:07 PM.
                    Loring in Katy, TX USA

Comment

• Stytooner
                      Roll Tide RIP Lee
                      • Dec 2002
                      • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
                      • BT3100

Postal rates are incredibly expensive especially outside the US. They just went up again. I have a hard time keep up with the rates myself and I ship everything USPS. It would be far more trouble and cost for me to ship with any other method.
                      Good job, Loring. Both on the generosity and thinking inside the envelope.
                      Lee

Comment

• leehljp
                        Just me
                        • Dec 2002
                        • Tunica, MS
                        • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by LCHIEN
                        Gassit got his screws on the 25th July mailed 14th July mailed by USPS first class air mail to Australia.

Then there was customs declaration forms for merchandise... I decided what the heck 2 screws are not merchandise and didn't declare it..

I guess it worked, he got it.
                        Well done Loring! As to "merchandise" - that term is usually reserved to something for sale. My mom used to accept an order - such as from LLBean - the items she received WAS merchandise. But When she mailed it to me as a gift, it was no longer "merchandise". There are technicalities that some will argue, but the USPS uses the term "Merchandise" to me that money changed hands between the sender and receiver.

Just re-read your post. It seems there may be an inference difference from when I was overseas.
                        Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

Working...