Anyone use Incra on their BT3000? (long!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neal
    Established Member
    • Apr 2012
    • Williamstown, WV (Mid Ohio Valley)
    • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by David D
    Neal, that looks like a Shopsmith? I've thought about trying to use the existing Ryobi rails, but I don't know if it would be worth the trouble or not.

David
    It is a shop smith. If I had an extra accessory table I would try to mount the ls base to it to use on the bt3000

Comment

• David D
      Forum Newbie
      • Dec 2009
      • Richmond, VA

I wonder how well the positioner and fence would work without the rail system. It would be easy to adapt to the BT3 if you didn't need the Incra rails.

Comment

• Neal
        Established Member
        • Apr 2012
        • Ryobi BT3000

I agree. The incra positioner, should attach to the existing BT3000 Fence. The key element is fixing the positioner to the accessory table, and squaring it up. You could use the fence on the incra positioner if you wanted as well.

The setup, when tightly bolted down to the router table, is ROCK solid. It has no noticeable play whatsoever. IF you get a solid mount on the accessory table, it should work. Attaching it to the Existing Ryobi fence would be quite simple, and perhaps provide extra stability.

It would be easy to "zero" the fence and then have repeatability even if you moved the accessory table (just readjust the scale on the fence).

Comment

• David D
          Forum Newbie
          • Dec 2009
          • Richmond, VA

When you say accessory table, are you referring to the Ryobi router mounting table?

Comment

• Neal
            Established Member
            • Apr 2012
            • Ryobi BT3000

Originally posted by David D
            When you say accessory table, are you referring to the Ryobi router mounting table?
            Yup. The one to which the router will attach. Whether it is one of the Ryobi "stock" tables or a homemade job, I would attach the base to that. Then I think you could either use the incra fence or the BT's stock fence with the Incra attached to it.

Comment

• David D
              Forum Newbie
              • Dec 2009
              • Richmond, VA

Gotcha.

I called and spoke with Incra about using their system on my saw. They didn't have any specific experience with the BT3000, but did say that people have successfully mounted them on portable saws like the DeWalt and Bosch. He did say that the 25" positioner could be easily used without the rails. He didn't recommend using the 32" positioner without the rails as it might have some deflection, but did go on to say that it depends upon your particular "touch" and that one of their guys has a 32" mounted on his Powermatic without rails and he doesn't have any issues.

David

Comment

Working...