• Show
Clear All
  • Condoman44
    Established Member
    • Nov 2013
    • CT near Norwich
    • Ryobi BT3000

Lucky day for me

I have been watching Craig's list for some time looking for a BT3x00 as a parts potential. Long ago I decided that I would keep my BT3000 and find parts to make it run until I no longer should use a power tool.

Yesterday I tried a different search criteria and saw a BT3100 pop up. I had to rub my eyes because I thought it said posted 1 hour ago, it did. A quick phone call and I am setting the GPS headed for a 1 hour trip to RI. In my haste I brought the cash but forgot my wallet, an incentive to obey the speed limit.

This one owner BT3100 (X023101576) was in good shape with a 10 inch 60 tooth DeWalt carbide cross cut blade. If any fault it looks like a lawn mower battery was left on the table damaging the paint and down the side near the switch. Everything else appears in good shape.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

Hopefully you can get it for a good price... I have been gathering up bits and pieces to keep my BT3100 running for years to come. The only real upgrade I can see from this is a SawStop PCS and those are too spendy for my budget...
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

If you are using it for parts a little cosmetic damage here and there should not be a problem. Now you can graft the 2 machines together and have a double width table with a dedicated dato machine, best of both worlds. I would still keep an eye open for parts machines, or just parts. You never have too many parts, and if you have a spare, it will not break.

Comment

• cork58
        Established Member
        • Jan 2006
        • Wasilla, AK, USA.
        • BT3000

I married mine together years ago, really like it that way. One for crosscut and one for ripping, no more changing blades all the time. If I had to I still have one for parts!
        Cork,

Dare to dream and dare to fail.

Comment

Working...