• Show
Clear All
  • lum747
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2013
    • huntsville texas
    • ryobi bt3000

blade adjust bt3000

ryobi bt3000 is there any way to adjust the blade to be at 0 degrees , other than the screw adjust in the front of the saw, my saw will not go to (0) degrees with the adjust on the saw, abour 3 degrees off, but asjust will not go any further to the right any suggestions?
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

i think there's a couple of stops that set the 0 and 45 degree positions to be accurate.
    THe stops are bolts with locknuts to lock their position if i remember correctly.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• leehljp
      Just me
      • Dec 2002
      • Tunica, MS
      • BT3000/3100

Those "stops" are behind the front panel, so you will have to get under it to make adjustments. Blow it out good before getting under there.
      Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• lum747
        Forum Newbie
        • Mar 2013
        • huntsville texas
        • ryobi bt3000

blade adjustment bt3k

i took the bolt completley out of the threded bracket and still will nt go to a true 45 from the table, seems the gear and bracket it rides on looks to be mounted a little too far to the left, so is there a way to maby like raising the motor assy up a few degrees, maby put a shim in the motor mounting assy somwhere?

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

first I've ever heard of something like that. Usually the stop can be adjusted to let you go beyond 45 a little bit.

Does the scale also show it being shy of 45? If so I'd say something besides the stop is blocking it from ful travel. If it shows more than 45 but you are measuring less than 45 then Id suspect that the frame is bent or something is mismounted or your 45 reference is bad.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...