X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dusty
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2012
    • AZ
    • Shopsmith Mark V Model 520 and a Mark V Model 510 with a BT3K Rail Kit, SMT, and Router Table

What do I need to Mount a Router

I have an Accessory/Router Table but none of my 3 routers fit. Where do I go to find an adapter plate that will fit. I don't want something that is unique to a specific router if at all possible.

I could build a table that would hang between the BT3000 Rails and adapt it to one of my routers but I would rather not go that way.
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

There is a router mount plate that comes with the Ryobi router / jig saw mounting kit. Lots of folks just make theirs out of Lexan, plywood, what have you.

I am going to have to do some digging, unless someone else has the template handy and can post it up here. That would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Cochese
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2010

If there is a mounting plate included in the kit, I could put it on my scanner with a graph background.
      I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• dusty
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2012
        • AZ
        • Shopsmith Mark V Model 520 and a Mark V Model 510 with a BT3K Rail Kit, SMT, and Router Table

Originally posted by dbhost
        There is a router mount plate that comes with the Ryobi router / jig saw mounting kit. Lots of folks just make theirs out of Lexan, plywood, what have you.

I am going to have to do some digging, unless someone else has the template handy and can post it up here. That would be GREATLY appreciated.
        That would be much appreciated. I am strapped for cash and would really like to be able to do this with no investment.

Comment

• aiyou
          SawdustZone Patron
          • Mar 2006
          • Charlotte, NC
          • BT3100

Router Mounting Plate Template

Here is the pdf that used to be available in the old articles section - this is from Jim Frye

Rob
          Attached Files

Comment

• dusty
            Forum Newbie
            • Nov 2012
            • AZ

Originally posted by aiyou
            Here is the pdf that used to be available in the old articles section - this is from Jim Frye

Rob

I thank you very much. I could not ask for more. That is even one of the routers that I own.

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

Dusty, the plate that is in the PDF only has the holes for mounting the plat e tot he router/accessory table. You will still need to drill the (usually) three holes for the router base around the big hole which is the opening for the collet and bit. The best way to locate and drill thes holes is to remove and use the plastic scuff plate from the bottom of the router and use it for a template to mark the holes. When you mount the router you don't need the scuff plate, leave it off but use the screws to attach the router. Countersink the holes on the saw side. If you make a metal plate then drill and tap the holes. If making a wooden plate then some T-nut inserts might be your best bet for holding the router to the adapter.

the above document only shows 1/4-20 threaded inserts and these are over 1/4" long -too ling to use in 1/4" plywood adapter. They do make them smaller and you will probably need #10-32 or #8-32 inserts for your router. Check Ace, Lowes, HD often have the smaller sizes in their hardware bins.

Since this is a BT3x00 specific discussion I moved it to the BT3x00 discussion group.
              Last edited by LCHIEN; 11-09-2012, 09:42 AM.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• dusty
                Forum Newbie
                • Nov 2012
                • AZ

Thank you, Loring for the additional input. When and if I get this done, I'll post again with results. I have so many irons in the fire that I may never see the end. Retirement is not a bore!

Comment

Working...