• Show
Clear All
  • dbhost
    Slow and steady
    • Apr 2008
    • League City, Texas
    • Ryobi BT3100

The outlet thing in the side panel.

After cleaning, tightening my connections at the switch, outlet, motor etc... and installing fresh brushes, I was running for a while with no problems, but the saw spinning up and losing power in the middle of a cut has crept back up...

Some investigation has found without a doubt that the problem is with the outlet on the saw itself.

I am finding the outlet as it were, in the side of my saw, that has the short cord that plugs in to it as a safety, well the outlet itself does not appear to make good contact, the cable male end more or less wobbles in the outlet, and vibration of the saw in use such as when loading larger pieces to be cut, seems to move the cord enough to break contact, and I would like to replace it. The part is listed as Ryobi part #969137-001 Outlet 15 amp.

I am wondering, should I replace the cord at the same time as well?

Also, M and D does not appear to have the outlet, but ereplacementparts.com does. Has anyone here done business with them, and are they okay?
    Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.
  • Cochese
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2010

I want to say that ERP is where I got my replacement dust chute for my Ryobi planer. I was not dissatisfied with my experience.
    I have a little blog about my shop

Comment

• cork58
      Established Member
      • Jan 2006
      • Wasilla, AK, USA.
      • BT3000

I have done business with both and have no issues with either.
      Cork,

Dare to dream and dare to fail.

Comment

• dbhost
        Slow and steady
        • Apr 2008
        • League City, Texas
        • Ryobi BT3100

I went with ereplacementparts.com even though I have had prior dealings with M and D Mower. M and D didn't have the outlet which is the most important part. The cord was iffy, the outlet is definately bad...

Good thing I am working on walls right now. No need for the table saw while working on sheet rock...
        Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...