X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cwphoto
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2011

Mag-Dro alignment tool

Here's a item worth checking out for anyone who's ever been frustrated trying to align their rip fence, SMT, checking run-out, etc.

It's called the Mag-Dro ( no idea what that stands for!) but I picked this little tool up at Rockler for about $8.00. It fits into a miter slot and holds a caliper gauge. The depth part of the caliper is used to check alignment. Here's the link to Rockler's site of the item: http://woodworking.rockler.com/searc...x=0&Search.y=0

Having just installed a couple of miter slots in my craftsman 21829, this tool was invaluable to align the slots to the blade. Also extremely useful to check the alignment of your rip fence, and can pretty easily be adapted to check the alignment of the SMT.

I remember really struggling with alignment of my saw when I first purchased it ,and wished this item was available then.

A highly recommended accessory for any BT3000/3100 21829 owner. No, I am not associated with the company in any way btw.

Troy
    Last edited by cwphoto; 05-15-2012, 11:39 PM.
  • BigguyZ
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • Minneapolis, MN
    • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

I think that'd be a good accessory for any saw owner... I'll have to pick one of them up for tuning my Cman saw...

Comment

• Tom Slick
      Veteran Member
      • May 2005
      • Paso Robles, Calif, USA.
      • sears BT3 clone

I like it, especially at $8.99.

Mag-Dro = Magnetic - Digital Read Out

A DRO is the measuring readout on metal machining tools such as a lathe and mill.
      Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Comment

• Cajunrotor
        Forum Newbie
        • Oct 2009
        • Texas
        • Ryobi BT3000

I'm a believer. I purchased one of these just a couple of days ago. I used it to check the setup on the 1943 Unisaw that I recently bought. I had performed the initial setup using a combination square, etc., but this item with my digital caliper really brought it in quite a bit closer to perfection.

Comment

Working...