• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SilentSam
    Forum Newbie
    • Oct 2010
    • Richmond, VA, USA

Is this a BT3 / 21829 accesory? Never seen it before

Is this a add or or expansion kit for the BT3 or 21829?
    I have never seen it before.

I have a 21829 and a bt3000, both with the SMT. Never seen one like this. Have any of you?

SS
    Last edited by SilentSam; 05-06-2012, 04:39 PM. Reason: spelling and double taps on the post before I typed a thing.
  • Bill in Buena Park
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2007
    • Buena Park, CA
    • CM 21829

SSam,
    I would think not - there aren't any clamps for the BT3/21829 rails such as the original SMTs have. I think this is an accessory for a conventional table saw with fixed table extensions.
    Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

That looks to me to be a bolt on sliding miter table accessory for a conventional table saw like an old Contractors saw or Cabinet saw... Not for the BT3X00...
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Daryl
        • May 2004

Looks Bee Tee to me
        Sometimes the old man passed out and left the am radio on so I got to hear the oldie songs and current event kind of things

Comment

• leehljp
          Just me
          • Dec 2002
          • Tunica, MS
          • BT3000/3100

Originally posted by Bill in Buena Park
          SSam,
          I would think not - there aren't any clamps for the BT3/21829 rails such as the original SMTs have. I think this is an accessory for a conventional table saw with fixed table extensions.
          Agreed! It will need rail clamps, and this one says it is for bolting on in the place of an extension table. BT3X00 don't have "bolt on" extension tables in that manner.
          Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• cwsmith
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2005
            • NY Southern Tier, USA.
            • BT3100-1

It looks very much like the "guts" of the sliding table on my BTS21 portable... but the photo's aren't clear enough to show any markings, cast-in or otherwise. The SMT on the BTS21 does not move along the rails however, and these photos do look like it's a bit larger.

CWS
            Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

Working...