Build a table to finish out the top of my saw!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimmy0x52
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2012
    • NYC / PA
    • RIDGID Something or other

Build a table to finish out the top of my saw!

Went to HD and picked up some 3/4" and 1/4" MDF, angle iron and 5/16"-18 rod and bolts. I had some t-nuts already.

Lemme know if you have questions about construction. It was really simple. 3/4" MDF + 2 layers of 1/4" MDF. I countersunk bolts into the 3/4" layer on the bottom to bolt into the angle irons and then screwed the 2 x 1/4" layers into the top. Shimmed below it and above the angle iron with washers.

One improvement I'll likely make (that you can't see here) is that the middle bows down slightly. I'll likely replace one level of washer shim on each end with a long, flat piece of iron to give it some rigidity in the middle and keep that 1/16" bow flat.

All in all - fun project. My saw is feeling "complete" with this table and the miter slot table. I have a few more small parts (latch to router table, slider on the SMT) to get replaced and I'll have basically a restored and tuned BT3000.

Last edited by jimmy0x52; 02-24-2012, 11:47 PM.
  • jabe
    • Apr 2006
    • Hilo, Hawaii
    • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

Looks good, now U just need to add an out feed table. I posted pictures of my outfeed table a yr or 2 ago.

Comment

• chopnhack
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • Florida
      • Ryobi BT3100

Good job, Jimmy, already tricking out the BT
      I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• jimmy0x52
        Forum Newbie
        • Feb 2012
        • NYC / PA

Replaced the little black clips with an actual box to hold my miter gauge / safety stuff.

Now, about that outfeed table ....

Comment

• jimmy0x52
          Forum Newbie
          • Feb 2012
          • NYC / PA

All done. The incra track didn't fit in the MST so I dado'd the filler table I made. Faced it with a little walnut piece I had hanging around the shop.

Came out nice and sits dead flush with the top.

Future modifications will likely include two pieces of perpendicular t-track so I can add a real router fence to the router table attachment and stop taking chunks out of my saw fence on accident.

Comment

• steve-norrell
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2006
            • The Great Land - Alaska
            • BT3100-1

Very nice!

Comment

• trungdok
              Established Member
              • Oct 2012
              • MA

Hi, can you explain what you did with the angle iron? Maybe a little schematic if it's not too much trouble. I'm a newbie. Thanks!

Comment

Working...