• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stytooner
    Roll Tide RIP Lee
    • Dec 2002
    • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
    • BT3100

I have been quoting 4 to 5 months on the lead time. We have doubled production in the past year, but orders have increased even more. We have worked with a couple companies in the past to help us produce some of our cnc machined parts. (dadoed guard sides) They were not able to keep up with our demand for a few different reason, so now we are just starting out with a brand new company. They seem like they will help us out, but we have only received the test batch of parts so far from them. That should decrease our lead time soon. Fingers crossed.

There are three of us working here now. Even my brand new shop isn't large enough to handle any more employees.

On a side note, earlier this week, I had to turn down an offer from a large company that makes green tools. They wanted to become a distributor for their brand of shark guards. It hurt my heart to tell them that distribution is not my problem, but that production is. With this new company making parts for us, we are very close to maxed out in production capabilities in this shop.

Any large increase in production would have to be a much larger investment than what I have done to date. That or give up control of production to a much larger factory. It is still a niche market, so if you flood that niche, it might eventually dry up and it would likely fail. Maybe not, but it would be risky as most investments are.

Splitters and riving knives have a much lower lead time. 2 to 4 weeks. I have a small amount of stock on some of those, so it might be immediate.
    Lee

Comment

• JSUPreston
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2005
      • Montgomery, AL.
      • Delta 36-979 w/Biesemyere fence kit making it a 36-982. Previous saw was BT3100-1.

Lee, if you have any potential customers that would like to see the guard on my Delta, just let me know...I always need an excuse to go to the shop and clean.
      "It's a dog eat dog world out there, and I'm wearing Milk-Bone underwear."- Norm (from Cheers)

Eat beef-because the west wasn't won on salad.

Comment

• Stytooner
        Roll Tide RIP Lee
        • Dec 2002
        • Robertsdale, AL, USA.
        • BT3100

Thanks for that offer.
        I do get quite a few orders from guys that have seen and used a buddies and then just had to have one.
        Lee

Comment

Working...