• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sscherin
    • Dec 2003
    • Kennewick, WA, USA.

BT3000 dust shield question

BT3000 vs BT3100 question.

I don't remember ever having any trouble changing blades or arbor spacers on my old BT3100.

This BT3000 has almost no space between the end of the arbor and the side dust shield.
    I had to take out a few screws to move the shield enough to get the arbor spacers back in after replacing the belts.

Did the BT3100 have a cutout for the arbor?
    William's Law--
    There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it
    cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.
  • mpc
    • Feb 2005
    • Cypress, CA, USA.
    • BT3000 orig 13amp model

I don't know about BT3100 vs. BT3000 differences (I have an original BT3000, 13-amp no less) but I can slip the spacers, blade stabilizing washers, the blade, and the nut on/off with the dust shield installed fully. It's a bit of a tight clearance for those parts with my fingers (I've dropped the nut more than once into the dust chute) but there is at least a quarter inch between the arbor end and the dust shield - more than the thickness of the nut.

Having the blade/arbor/motor assembly raised almost as high as it'll go is a requirement; that gets the top of the arbor pretty much flush with the top of the dust shield on my saw. If something is preventing your blade height from raising fully that'll be your bug.

mpc

Comment

• Turaj
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
      • BT3000 (1998)

Originally posted by mpc
      I don't know about BT3100 vs. BT3000 differences (I have an original BT3000, 13-amp no less) but I can slip the spacers, blade stabilizing washers, the blade, and the nut on/off with the dust shield installed fully. It's a bit of a tight clearance for those parts with my fingers (I've dropped the nut more than once into the dust chute) but there is at least a quarter inch between the arbor end and the dust shield - more than the thickness of the nut.

Having the blade/arbor/motor assembly raised almost as high as it'll go is a requirement; that gets the top of the arbor pretty much flush with the top of the dust shield on my saw. If something is preventing your blade height from raising fully that'll be your bug.

mpc
      Ditto on everything that mpc said! (except for the amp).
      Turaj (in Toronto)
      "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

• sscherin
        • Dec 2003
        • Kennewick, WA, USA.

Oh geez I can't believe I forgot to raise the arbor..

DOH! You can tell it's been a few years since I touched a BT.
        William's Law--
        There is no mechanical problem so difficult that it
        cannot be solved by brute strength and ignorance.

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by sscherin
          Oh geez I can't believe I forgot to raise the arbor..

DOH! You can tell it's been a few years since I touched a BT.
          Ha,ha, that helps a lot.
          Kudos for the guys that spotted it right off.
          Welcome back the world of BTs.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...