X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lsatguy
    Handtools only
    • Jun 2011

BT3000 tuning, parts, etc

I bug your pardon for my stupid questions if any, this is my 1st post.
    I bought 2nd hand w/o no blade guide or dust cover, no wrench, some extra plates, when previous owner show my a 90deg cut. I can cut very thin pieces, yet many things are out of tune now.

1. I find one post here says fence far end loose and will try to tune it soon, yet I can't find enough for other tunes that I want to do them together.
    2. I can't get 90/45 deg so I loosed the limit nuts now the scale is incorrect
    3. I read a table saw alignment and know principle, yet the manual has no detail in alignment or parts/nuts to adjust, need links
    4. why we need to replace shim?
    5. can BT3000 be used to make a cutting board like this:http://thewoodwhisperer.com/butcher-...cutting-board/
    6. I only have one router bit cover (red metal piece) that seems a little tight to fit in, where can I buy more for different diameter of bit?
    7. I know many people not use blade guide and dust cover, yet then wood after blade may be loose(the blade guide has teeth to bide it), any solution? is it possible to use duct collector w/o the duct cover?
    Last edited by lsatguy; 06-10-2011, 10:32 PM.
  • Black wallnut
    cycling to health
    • Jan 2003
    • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
    • BT3k 1999

Welcome to BT3Central. As a new member your first few posts require moderator approval prior to being displayed public. You may wish to revise your link as it does not seem to direct to a cutting board. The owner's manual is rather specific in adjustments and is posted in our articles section. Look for posts by Lchien and follow the directions in his signature line to get a copy of the well written FAQ's. Most of your questions are specifically addressed in that document.

For safety's sake you really should buy a guard prior to using the saw.
    Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• lsatguy
      Handtools only
      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Black wallnut
      Welcome to BT3Central. As a new member .
      Thanks a lot, I'll follow your advice and feedback!

Comment

• gsmittle
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2004
        • St. Louis, MO, USA.
        • BT 3100

Check with Stytooner about a Shark Guard. Well worth the investment in my opinion!

And welcome to one of the best boards on the 'net!

g.
        Smit

"Be excellent to each other."
        Bill & Ted

Comment

• dbhost
          Slow and steady
          • Apr 2008
          • League City, Texas
          • Ryobi BT3100

I will attempt to answer your questions...

1. I find one post here says fence far end loose and will try to tune it soon, yet I can't find enough for other tunes that I want to do them together.
          2. I can't get 90/45 deg so I loosed the limit nuts now the scale is incorrect
          3. I read a table saw alignment and know principle, yet the manual has no detail in alignment or parts/nuts to adjust, need links
          4. why we need to replace shim?
          There is a user / staff member here, LCHIEN that is the keeper of the semi official BT3Central BT3K FAQ, send him a private message with your email address asking him for a copy of the FAQ. All of the above and more will be explained.

5. can BT3000 be used to make a cutting board like this:http://thewoodwhisperer.com/butcher-...cutting-board/
          For the most part. You will need a router and router bits as, not to mention clamps, clamping cauls etc... to complete the task of making an end grain cutting board. They are a fun project to boot!

6. I only have one router bit cover (red metal piece) that seems a little tight to fit in, where can I buy more for different diameter of bit?
          7. I know many people not use blade guide and dust cover, yet then wood after blade may be loose(the blade guide has teeth to bide it), any solution? is it possible to use duct collector w/o the duct cover?
          How big of a hurry are you in? I have a full spare BT3 router kit, the mounting plate, fence, and the insert set. I will also be upgrading my Shark Guard 10.4 to the latest model shortly. If you can hang on until the new Shark Guard comes in, I will cut you a fair deal on the router kit and Shark Guard.
          Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...