• Show
Clear All
  • SSO720
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2011
    • Knoxville TN
    • Ryobi BT3000

Miter attachment

Hey Guys, It's stupid noob question time. I have had my BT3K for years but never got artound to using it until I retired recently. There was a move from Fl to TN involved and now I am looking for parts. I have found everything but the way to mount the miter to the table. Can anyone point me to a picture of it and so I know what I am looking for and also where to buy one if I cant find it. I know there is a very similar Sears saw. Would that part work?
    Thanks for the help.

Paul
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Lorings's FAQ will have some info on where to find the parts. Check the 'About Me' tab on his profile page. http://www.bt3central.com/member.php?u=4

The sears parts will work.

I picked up a Ryobi bracket off of ebay a while back.

There's a rough sketch of it in this thread: http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=37328
    Last edited by pelligrini; 05-31-2011, 04:13 PM.
    Erik

Comment

• SSO720
      Forum Newbie
      • Jan 2011
      • Knoxville TN
      • Ryobi BT3000

Eric, Thanks for the info. I checked the sears parts info and it appears I may be able to find what I need there.

Comment

• pelligrini
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • Fort Worth, TX
        • Craftsman 21829

Sometimes Sears shipping ends up being excessive for the part, you might check M&D mower too.
        Erik

Comment

• LCHIEN
          Internet Fact Checker
          • Dec 2002
          • Katy, TX, USA.
          • BT3000 vintage 1999

I have found that Sears is weird about pricing. The same same or virtually identical parts for the BT3000, BT3100, sears 22811 and Sears 21829 can vary in price by 2:1 so check all of them The sears saws are 315.228110 and 315.218290

Also if ordering the smallest parts sears seems to have a minimum price of $2.19 or something on any parts so little special screws and stuff might be cheaper at the other sites like M&D mower.

The good thing about sears is that they have the exploded diagrams for all the saws on-line, its easier to pick out the parts on this site than any other, I think.
          Loring in Katy, TX USA
          If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
          BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jdon
            Established Member
            • Feb 2010
            • Snoqualmie, Wash.
            • BT3100

Another source is ereplacementparts.com They have same diagrams as Sears; although I can't get them to zoom they can be downloaded as pdf files, and seem to follow the same diagram reference numbers as Sears.

Prices seem better, esp. for small parts, and shipping costs and time are acceptable. For example, miter table slides are 0.46 and 0.97 each, instead of Sears' apparent minimum $2.16 (as pointed out by Loring). [BTW, what bean counter came up with that specific number?]

Comment

• SSO720
              Forum Newbie
              • Jan 2011
              • Knoxville TN
              • Ryobi BT3000

Thanks to everyone for the great info on how to locate the correct parts. I took a look at ereplacementparts.com as jdon suggested and found everything I needed. Also found a part I needed for my Makita circular saw. Bought everything for less than $18 including shipping. What a deal!
              You guys are the greatest.

I'll have to post a few pics of the guitars I am building so you know your info is being put to good use.
              Attached Files

Comment

• pelligrini
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2007
                • Fort Worth, TX
                • Craftsman 21829

Glad you got it sorted.

Cool stuff, looking forward to seeing a lot more.
                Erik

Comment

Working...