• Show
Clear All
  • SteveO
    Forum Newbie
    • Nov 2010
    • Arvada, CO
    • BT3000 + BT3000 = BT6000

Folding outfeed table and mini gloat

I just picked up an additional BT3000 with all the bells and whistles off of CL for $50! It works perfectly and it came with the vacuum clamping / floatation table, a bunch of zero tolerance plates, extended miter fence and the quick fold table.

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I can't figure out how the quick fold table mounts to the rails. If anyone has a photo of how it attaches, I'd be most grateful.

I've attached a couple of photos. Does anyone recognize what the parts on the table are for? I know the clip for the fence and such, but what are those black plates? I have the vacuum table attached, so I know they don't go there.

My plan is to add this to my old BT and make a Frankensaw.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveO; 05-24-2011, 11:21 AM.
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

The smaller threaded squareish t nuts slide into the underside of the rail and the table bolts on to those from underneath.

The large black plate is part of the wide miter fence and bolts to the underside of the fence as a work support.

The black pieces with the oval slot are stops that bolt to the front of the wide fence.

I'm in Denver and won't be home until Thursday and can send a photo then if you haven't gotten it yet or nobody else posts one.
    Chr's

Comment

• pelligrini
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2007
      • Fort Worth, TX
      • Craftsman 21829

That deserves a 'You Suck!'

Nice find. Can't help with the folding table. I picked up the long miter fence a while back and it sure does come in handy at times. I'll use it as an extended rip fence more than I do on the SMT.

The large plate is for the miter fence. It can be used to support long pieces. The L shaped brackets with a smaller angle at one end are stop blocks for the miter fence. I'll use them quite often when doing multiple cuts.

Looks like you might be missing the connector plates with the chamfered corners that go to the long fence, as well as a few stamped T-Nuts.

Found a manual for the long fence online:
      Last edited by pelligrini; 05-24-2011, 09:05 AM.
      Erik

Comment

• SteveO
        Forum Newbie
        • Nov 2010
        • Arvada, CO
        • BT3000 + BT3000 = BT6000

Thanks to both of you for the help.

I couldn't find short enough bolts for using the silver T nuts, so I stacked a couple of washers and used the shortest bolts I had. I then attached the table, and as I was sliding it in, something stopped it. You guessed it...the correct bolts were already in the rail! It's now attached properly.

The other plates I would have never figured out. Right now, it is set up as the long rip fence.

Pelligrini, the connector plates are already on the long fence. Also, I looked everywhere online for a manual - great find!

I'll post photos when I combine it with my other saw on its mobile base.
        Last edited by SteveO; 05-24-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...