• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pidnar
    Handtools only
    • Apr 2011

Hello BT, I am back

Hello fellow sawdust makers..
    i was a proud owner of a BT3000 some time ago and used that dude until shim issues caused my bubble to burst. So time went by as time does and I built the rest of my shop, all the popular brands including a Powermatic 66 table saw. I have been using this saw for sometime now and don't get me wrong I feel it is a true workhorse and so much power it is unreal (5 HP 220 volts) but deep down inside I still have a soft spot for that BT3000 I sold years ago. Well today I was cruising Craigslist and found a BT3100 in mint condition and it has ALL the attachments, still in the box. It has a red Freud blade and looks to be almost unused. I paid $150.00 for all and I just finished assembling it about 20 minutes ago. Cut some pine, MDF, Douglas Fir and a few other scraps in the shop. I really love this saw. It seems to me the tolerances are really spot on and my first project is a jewelers toolbox and I am pulling out all the stops. Usinf all brass hardware and black walnut for the top, sides, and drawer fronts.

It is good to be back among fellow BT3x000 owners again. I used to be a member of a yahoo group that looked a lot like this one (I wonder if this is it's big brother) anyway. I will be looking for jigs and suggestions as the last board was full of that sort of stuff.

See ya down the road. By the way is the BT3100 that much better than the BT3000?

Pidnar
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

welcome to the BT3Central forums.
    We welcome all woodworkers regardless of your table saw, we have lots of users of other saws.
    As for the difference between BT3000 and BT3100, get my faq (see sig line below), for a comprehensive list of differences.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• bigstick509
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Macomb, MI, USA.
      • BT3100

Mike

"It's not the things you don't know that will hurt you, it's the things you think you know that ain't so." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...