X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jbrukardt
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2011

Porter Cable router template?

Id like to mount my Porter Cable 893PK up to the router on the b3k, unfortunately the router kit (which I dont have) is only tooled for Ryobi routers.

What do i I need to get the fixed base on my PC hooked up right?
  • jdon
    Established Member
    • Feb 2010
    • Snoqualmie, Wash.
    • BT3100

Short answer: "Drill, baby, drill!"

I mounted my Milwaukee router (same hole pattern as P-C). It was mostly a good fit (I had to elongate one hole very slightly).

After I did it, I came upon a simple and accurate way to locate the places to drill:

Cut off the heads of three screws that fit the mounting holes in your router. Chuck each screw in a drill press, and file a sharp point on the ends. Insert the screws into your router holes (points out!), and center router on the mounting plate. Tap on the backside of the mounting plate, so the points will mark the drill points.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Search for "drilling router mounting plate" in the message base here, lots of good info such as this thread below.

This is the place to ask questions about the Ryobi BT3 series table saws. Please limit the posts to this topic only.

If you don't have a plate, there are patterns available. You can make of aluminum plate or even 1/4" plywood. Use the routers scuffplate base as a template. Drill holes accurately and then countersink. The router should be mounted to the bottom of the plate and counter sinked above to flush the flathead screws. Then the plate should be attached to the four holes in the auxiliary table with four more flat head screws from above into nuts below the plate or captive t-nuts in the plate.

I think there's lots more detail in my FAQ (see sig line below).
      Last edited by LCHIEN; 03-19-2011, 10:21 PM.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...