• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pelligrini
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2007
    • Fort Worth, TX
    • Craftsman 21829

Sounds like you're on the upside overall now, Good find at $50.
    Erik

Comment

• JimD
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2003
      • Lexington, SC.

I don't know how much space you have but a mobile base really helps the little 3000/3100 perform more like a cabinet saw. The 3000 and 3100 rails don't look the same (front rail) but they are fully compatible. I put a BT3000 extension rail kit on my BT3100 and got over 5 feet of rip capacity. Half rails get you to about 50 inches. There are multiple examples in the old section of this website (assuming you can still go there, I haven't tried in awhile). Mine is "Spruce and Sandeply".

Comment

• toolguy1000
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • westchester cnty, ny

Originally posted by jbrukardt
        Well, that was interesting

So, rather than paying about 40-50 bucks to replace my missing miter gauge and rail, I just happened to see a complete BT3100 with accessory kit, all new in box on craigslist for $50 dollars.

So now i have double parts for everything, for the price of a single part. Nice to have the accessory kit too. The BT3100 need a bit of greasing, its real sticky to adjust the blade height, but other than that looks brand new, like maybe 4-5 cuts went through it.

Not a bad haul for 50 bucks! (then again, i feel exceptionally ripped off about my previous beat-up BT3000 missing a miter fence for $200 now)

excellent score! and a suggestion. maybe you shouldn't "part up" the new saw. if you're planning an outfeed table, try something like this by using both of the saws:

one saw dedicated to ripping and the other dedicated to crosscutting. instead of feeling like you overspent for one saw, now your average cost per usable saw is $125. almost gloatable.
        there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• durango dude
          • Mar 2011
          • a thousand or so feet above insanity
          • 50s vintage Craftsman Contractor Saw

Final word of advice...... (in the words of Jeff Lynn and ELO)

(Turn Back.....)

the song "Fire On High" by the Electric Light Orchestra has a subliminal message in it.
          Last edited by durango dude; 03-29-2011, 06:58 PM.

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Try a Frankensaw (search for it here, look it up in my FAQ) - rigged BT3000/3100.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• jabe
              • Apr 2006
              • Hilo, Hawaii
              • Ryobi BT3000 & Delta Milwaukee 10" tilting Table circular saw

Welcome, ur in good hands here lots of good advice. 2nd what eezlock said, clean & lube everything 1st. Do not use any silicon base lubricants.

Comment

• jbrukardt
                Forum Newbie
                • Mar 2011

Yep, its all apart still on my porch, will definitely lube it up nicely before i bolt it back together.

Reading up on the frankensaw in the faq. Definitely interesting, right now its more of a worksite saw while im doing my downstairs remodel, but once i set it up in my shop, the frankensaw is a real possibility.

Comment

Working...