Failed Motor

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RagerXS
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2003
    • 501
    • Brookline, NH, USA.

    #1

    Failed Motor

    My dad was given a BT3000 and was unlucky enough to have the motor fail. I have the BT3100 and love it, and thus he was pretty excited to land the BT3K as a gift. So my question is, what is the recommended path?

    He doesn't use a tablesaw much so he has no desire whatsoever to pay $200 for a new motor. Alternatively, perhaps there is a cheaper source for a replacement motor?

    I was looking at the BTS20 job site saw and convinced myself that the BT3x rails could be attached to it the same way its rails are mounted. And if the rails can be attached it just boils down to whether or not the table depth is equivalent so you could then also use the BT3x fence, sliding miter table, etc. Seems like a decent saw, has the standard, larger, oval-end blade inserts.

    Another option would be for him to part out his saw, to help lessen the expense of a replacement.

    I could even sell him mine cheap, but then I would have to buy a new saw...

    Any advice?

    ~ Fred
  • Rob25
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2006
    • 61
    • UP Michigan
    • BT 3000

    #2
    There is a motor for the bt3 in the member classifieds for $40 right now...

    http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=28624

    Comment

    • LCHIEN
      Super Moderator
      • Dec 2002
      • 22085
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

      #3
      I would agree that the best option now is to pick up a used BT3100/3000/sears 22811 motor from a saw being parted out. Check the classifieds here and maybe eBay.

      You could also read my FAQ which is currently offline but I can mail it (see my sig line)
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

      Comment

      • John Hunter
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2004
        • 2034
        • Lake Station, IN, USA.
        • BT3000 & BT3100

        #4
        I would also check that motor out very carefully. It just could be something as simple as a bad switch (which in the old BT3000 was a common thing)
        John Hunter

        Comment

        Working...