This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • randomdigits

BT3000 belt question

I shredded the belts on my saw, so I don't know what the old ones looked like. I bought some new ones, and I'm a little puzzled. Maybe someone can shed some light.

The belts look like "toothed" belts, whereas the spindles are of the multi-v type. What is odd is that the belts have very slight multi-v grooves on one side and teeth on the other. If I turn them so that the teeth run on the outside, they look like they would work.

Are these belts designed to run with the teeth on the outside--away from the spindles? Seems odd to have the teeth on one side and grooves on the other. Is that right?

Thanks!
  • eezlock
    • Feb 2006
    • Charlotte,N.C.
    • BT3100

Bt belts....

I am not sure of that answer myself, but, go to the search feature on this site. I know that there have been several others who have posted things about the belts and you might find the info. there. If not,I would call the
    Ryobi tech support @ 1-800-525-2579 they should be able to help you
    answer your question. I looked at the exploded drawing of the saw, in the
    manual that came with the saw, it is unclear to me about them as well.
    Hope this helps....eezlock

ps: I just found info. for you...type in bt belt replacement...JIMD did a post about this very
    thing...he said the smooth side of the belt goes inward ( meaning in "v" groove of the pully.
    hope this helps. eezlock
    Last edited by eezlock; 01-07-2007, 04:23 PM.

Comment

• randomdigits

Thanks eezlock--that answers the question!

Comment

• Black wallnut
        cycling to health
        • Jan 2003
        • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
        • BT3k 1999

You got the correct answer. Groves to the inside cogs on outside.

Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• JimD
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2003
          • Lexington, SC.

You will need patience for the replacement. You may want to do a search and look for everybody's "tricks" to make this easier. One I saw after my replacement that seems like it might really help is to heat the belts in hot to boiling water to make them more pliable. It took me awhile.

Jim

Comment

Working...