Clear All
  • radhak
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2006
    • Miramar, FL
    • Right Tilt 3HP Unisaw

Saw a BT3100 at HD

Now I know what it feels like to an ornithologist to 'sight' a rare bird

I am a pretty regular visitor to this HD 2 miles from home - weekly, at least (and that because there are 3 others slightly farther away that I need to visit too ), and I make it a point to check if they have any BT3x00s. I have never seen one all this while, either on display or in a box, in any of the HDs. So yesterday, I see one on display, priced at $299! How does a piece get 'displayed' without being in a box before? Maybe some HQ is cleaning up inventory? (there were no other pieces/boxes).

I own a BTS20R, so this was my first 'up close and personal' with its much venered senior. I liked what i saw - much more solid, more metal than mine. The fence is heavier too. (Touch wood, my fence is now aligned great, giving me absolutely perfect rips - after quite some effort). I also see the spot for the router on the right side which you can convert to the router table.

Well, look is all i did - cannot justify changing my TS now. And it is full-priced!

I also saw (first time again) a single box of the Herc-u-lift. No price tag, but left me wondering if I need it? My TS is lighter and more moveable than the BT3100, and I don't have any other heavier tools. So what would I use it for?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - Aristotle
  • Roger on the Rock
    Forum Newbie
    • Apr 2006
    • St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
    • BT-3100

The BT 3100 is still a stock item in Canada so far. I'm in St. John's and shipping from here would be too expensive to be realistic.

However, there are always a number of USAF & ANG C-130's overnighting in St. John's. (We're a popular stop for fuel for those crossing the pond and pretty much everyone likes to visit the infamous "George Street" downtown.)

If anyone on the Forum knows anyone who does come through here on a Military aircraft, they could always pick one up here and take it Stateside. I could also arrange for the saw to be at the airport for pickup if it's not an overnight stop.

Just a thought.

Comment

Working...