• Show
Clear All
  • jerrye
    Forum Newbie
    • Dec 2004
    • Raleigh, NC, USA.
    • BT3000

BT3000 deal?

Have opportunity to pick up lightly used BT3000 for $170.00 including accessory kit. Worth it? Due to shop being incomplete, will need to set up saw to be portable and easily moved, ie, across yard, up & down stairs, etc. Suggestions?
    Jerry

When you think you've built it idiot-proof, they build a better idiot...
  • JR
    The Full Monte
    • Feb 2004
    • Eugene, OR
    • BT3000

Gee, I dunno. Accross the yard and up and down stairs? I'd think you'd have problems with alignment on a BT3K. You might do just as well to get a BTS20 or equivalent. until you get settled.

The $170 price seems fair, though. It just wasn't made for that kind of mobility, IMO.

JR
    JR

Comment

• LinuxRandal
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2005
      • Independence, MO, USA.
      • bt3100

In this case, might want to consider the BTclone 21829 at Sears. OR the other option is the Bosch TS2000 for it (seen it at Amazon as the lowest). Gonna make your total around $300 (saw and stand), and gonna have to check the alignment more often, but should do the job.

Or build a mobile stand and start it in the garage (half way between basement and outside) till the shop gets done.
      She couldn't tell the difference between the escape pod, and the bathroom. We had to go back for her.........................Twice.

Comment

• prlundberg
        Established Member
        • May 2006
        • Minnesota
        • Craftsman 21829

I agree with JR, another one to consider is the Craftman 21806. Similar to the BTS20 but with an SMT.

The Craftsman 21829 could be considered, but I wouldn't want to lug mine up and down stairs on a regular basis. It's quite a bit larger than a BTS20 or 21806, although the weight isn't too bad.
        Phil

Comment

Working...