• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VinceH
    Forum Newbie
    • Jan 2006
    • Boulder, CO, USA.

Outfeed Table Interferes with Dust Collector Port

When the Ryobi Outfeed Table accessory is lowered it interferes with the DC port. Any ideas of how to handle this without disconnecting and reconnecting the DC hose each time?
  • LCHIEN
    Internet Fact Checker
    • Dec 2002
    • Katy, TX, USA.
    • BT3000 vintage 1999

One solution is to take the 90° elbow off the somewhat useless dust bag accessory (if you have one, otherwise I've seen them given away for free here), That will turn the dust port down and allow easy closing of the folding outfeed table. (and still using dust collection when the outfeed table is folded).

Or you can do like I did, just close the table and let the flexible hose bend downward (if you are using a 2.5" hose, obviously this won't work well for a 4" hose and adapter).
    Last edited by LCHIEN; 10-15-2006, 04:59 PM.
    Loring in Katy, TX USA
    If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
    BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Turaj
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2002
      • Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
      • BT3000 (1998)

Not sure if this would work for you or not as I have a BT3000 with the old square base but... A lot of times I put a piece of wood between the table and the base (close to the floor) to prevent the outfeed table to drop completely! This way I can slide the SMT all the way and use the dust collector at the same time.
      Turaj (in Toronto)
      "When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!" Henny Youngman

Comment

Working...