• Show
Clear All
  • cgallery
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2004
    • Milwaukee, WI
    • BT3K

My BT3000 truss

I had asked a week or so ago for suggestions for bracing the rails to help handle the weight of my router table. While the rails seemed to remain straight, I did notice that the four points were the rails connect to the saw (two front, two back) were unable to keep the rails parallel to the saw top. Just too much leverage.

After considering all my options, I figured the easiest thing to try first would be a "truss" made from a piece of plywood. While it is perhaps the most simple solution, I don't think it was the easiest. I had to measure six times and ended up making two to get it "just right."

The results are very satisfying, though. After installation I was able to use a combination square and feeler gauges to measure from the table top to the top of the rails in all four corners of the main table, and I'm able to keep this distance to less than .0015" all around. In the past I was able to set the rails to this degree of accuracy, but downward pressure on the router table would throw it right back out of alignment. Now I can push down or lift up on the router table without disturbing this setting.

I wish I would have done this a long time ago.
    Attached Files
  • gad5264
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2005
    • Columbus, Ohio, USA
    • BT3000/BT3100NIB

cgallery,
    A great solution to your problem. How about posting a few more pics of the complete saw set up?

Thanks
    Grant
    "GO Buckeyes"

My projects: http://community.webshots.com/user/gad5264

Comment

• Veramacor
      Forum Newbie
      • Sep 2006
      • Macomb Twp, Mich
      • BT3100

Man that is nice looking wood on that router box and truss...

Nice Job
      Rule #1: Never worry about the little things.
      Rule #2: EVERYTHING is a little thing.

Comment

Working...