X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jussi
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007

Casters Sale Peachtree

Good price on casters. Great for me as I've been looking to get a set of workbench casters and smaller ones to make some sliding cabinets fit under my assembly table.

Peachtree Woodworking Supply is your one stop supply shop for all your woodworking needs.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • twistsol
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Cottage Grove, MN, USA.
    • Ridgid R4512, 2x ShopSmith Mark V 520, 1951 Shopsmith 10ER

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered a set of workbench caster at 50% off since I have a broken one on my router table.
    Chr's

Comment

• capncarl
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2007
      • Leesburg Georgia USA
      • SawStop CTS

Very good prices for this type caster. I’m not a fan of small wheel casters, they don’t cooperate much, too hard to push, and don’t handle joints in concrete well...... but sometimes that’s all you can use to obtain the correct height. I put casters on everything in my shop, even my box of casters has casters on it!
      capncarl

Comment

• Jim Frye
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Maumee, OH, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

I've been buying 3" casters at Lowes for less than $10 each for both locking swivel, and fixed for the tool cabinets I've been building.
        Jim Frye
        The Nut in the Cellar.
        ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

• capncarl
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2007
          • Leesburg Georgia USA
          • SawStop CTS

I did a double take and viewed the peach tree ad again. I’ve had several failures with swivel casters like these. These failures were probably all my fault caused by gross overloading. Swivel casters with the wheels offset this much can’t handle being overloaded vrs. swivel casters with the wheel directly below the mounting pad that can handle bring overloaded somewhat better. I had taken my two mechanics tool box’s, each being 3’ wide and attached them together and built a steel support frame on 3” casters similar to the peach tree castes. On top of each tool box I attached intermediate drawered tool boxes and on top of each of the intermediate boxes I attached top boxes, making the top height over 6’. All tool boxes were full of heavy tools and stuff. One bottom box had probably 400 lbs of welding rods in it! . No guess of the weight of this box on 3” casters. The swivel casters collapsed within months, and I replaced them with similar casters with more weight capacity, which lasted a few more months. This tool box was too heavy to move anyway so I gave up, removed the casters and set it on the floor. When my house flooded and the toolbox was standing in 4’ of swamp water, I kept 1 stack of this toolbox for my new shop and mounted it on heavy duty 4” casters with the swivel being under the mounting plate. The load is much less in the boxes, I don’t need all the tools I use to think I needed back then, but I have had a tire failure where the urethane tire split and came off the wheel. All this said, these peach tree casters should serve well if the manufacturer weight load rating is honored.
          capncarl

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

When you choose casters, don't divide the estimated weight of your cart or whatever and divide by four.
            IN the worst case where you hit an uneven floor virtually all the weight could be be on two diagonally opposed castors. Even if on an even floor, your center of gravity may be off loading some castors by more than their share.
            I'd suggest picking castors rated for the full weight of the project on each, ensuring some margin and reliable long term operation.

Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...