• Show
Clear All
  • kramer katt
    Established Member
    • Aug 2004
    • SO CAL, USA
    • BT3100 and Craftsman 100

Hf 2hp dc $135

Thanks to "FabulousFW" Lowest price for awhile I think.
    to quote him

I just picked this up for $146.80 OTD. On sale now for $179.99. Used the 25% off coupon to knock it down to $135. It doesn't get any easier than this.

Seems to have many satisfied customers and favorable reviews. I don't think you can go wrong at this price even if the 5 micron rating turns out to be bogus.
    For those wanting higher filtration capacity, some canister replacement kits have been known to work with this unit. Just need to find a deal on one of those!

HF 2HP Dust Collector #97869

25% Off Coupon
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler
    --Albert Einstein
  • toolguy1000
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2009
    • westchester cnty, ny

humbly recommend adding a baffle to the drum ring which will send considerably more debris to the collection bag, keeping the filter cleaner longer for greater suction. here's how i did my 50-850:

there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• chopnhack
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2006
      • Florida
      • Ryobi BT3100

I read in one of the wood rags a review against several of the competitors. It faired well enough. The one thing that they did point out with the HF model as well as some brand name is that there is leakage of dust laden air on many of these units. Consider some form of weatherstripping or caulking before using it for the first time, it may help.
      I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• LCHIEN
        Internet Fact Checker
        • Dec 2002
        • Katy, TX, USA.
        • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by chopnhack
        I read in one of the wood rags a review against several of the competitors. It faired well enough. The one thing that they did point out with the HF model as well as some brand name is that there is leakage of dust laden air on many of these units. Consider some form of weatherstripping or caulking before using it for the first time, it may help.

If there is leakage it will show up as a dust track near the seams. YOu can duct tape them when you find them.
        Loring in Katy, TX USA
        If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
        BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• Bill in Buena Park
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2007
          • Buena Park, CA
          • CM 21829

How is this model for noise? I'm considering the upgrade from my Delta 1hp, and just wondering how they compare for noise volume.
          Bill in Buena Park

Comment

• LCHIEN
            Internet Fact Checker
            • Dec 2002
            • Katy, TX, USA.
            • BT3000 vintage 1999

Originally posted by Bill in Buena Park
            How is this model for noise? I'm considering the upgrade from my Delta 1hp, and just wondering how they compare for noise volume.
            I can't compare it to the smaller Delta but my HF DC has a low frequency rumble that is much preferable to the relatively high pitched whine of a shop vac.

Besides if you are cutting with a table saw then you should probably be wearing ear protection anyway.
            Loring in Katy, TX USA
            If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
            BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• atgcpaul
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2003
              • Maryland
              • Grizzly 1023SLX

Originally posted by LCHIEN
              I can't compare it to the smaller Delta but my HF DC has a low frequency rumble that is much preferable to the relatively high pitched whine of a shop vac.

Besides if you are cutting with a table saw then you should probably be wearing ear protection anyway.
              If I run it for a long time, I tend to use hearing protection but it's usually because of the other machine I'm running like the planer, not the DC.

Originally posted by chopnhack
              Add this to my shop to-do list. I have the aftermarket pleated filter on top. No leaks on top but it does leak where the bottom bag meets the metal ring.

Comment

• leehljp
                Just me
                • Dec 2002
                • Tunica, MS
                • BT3000/3100

I was about to ask about the noise also, until I saw Bills question. For me, it isn't the noise for me that I am concerned about, but my neighbor. My shop is at the back of our lot and I was just a little concerned about my neighbor behind our house. I do like to do work to 9 or 10 PM on occasion. I don't use my very noisey tools such as the planers but I do use lathe, drill press and occasional saw at those times.

Thanks for answering this. Low rumbles are tolerable!
                Hank Lee

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted!

Comment

• chopnhack
                  Veteran Member
                  • Oct 2006
                  • Florida
                  • Ryobi BT3100

Originally posted by atgcpaul
                  Add this to my shop to-do list. I have the aftermarket pleated filter on top. No leaks on top but it does leak where the bottom bag meets the metal ring.
                  I did this on my delta and it made a world of difference. And no, I would not use duct tape on this area as it would be hard to remove the bag for occasional emptying/replacement. Not to mention the gummy residue that it would leave behind. I used a grey colored weatherstripping with adhesive on one side from the borg

Maybe fine to do so in areas where you can permanently leave it.
                  I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• JR
                    The Full Monte
                    • Feb 2004
                    • Eugene, OR
                    • BT3000

FWIW I cover the bottom plastic bag with the original cloth bag. The clamp seems to seal thing up pretty well, and the cloth bag provides some protection to the plastic.
                    JR

Comment

Working...