• Show
Clear All
  • phrog
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2005
    • Chattanooga, TN, USA.

Originally posted by Lonnie in Orlando
    Hank:

I don't believe that the item will show up on an on-line search. A few minutes ago, I searched for the SKU# on the HD website for the store where I bought mine and it still returns "We're sorry, we could not find any matches for "639226" in Search All."

Call the store. Ask Customer Service to search SKU 639226 and ask for the location number. The location number will confirm that it is for sale in the store and will give the place in the aisle where it is located in the store. It will probably be on a cardboard floor display. There is no tag on the shelf for it. If it shows as "no home", then it is probably in the overhead steel racks or in a trailer as Cabinetman suggested.

BTW - I fired mine up last night. Yep - it's a bright lil bugger. My wife wants one too!

- Lonnie
    The first time I went to my store, they showed as "No Home." The guy said they must be in the overhead. He looked and looked and couldn't find them. I went back a few days later and they still couldn't find them. Someone told me that the truck of stock they were supposed to get was only half full when it arrived and therefore, they may not have gotten them. Strange they would show up on their computer though.
    Richard

Comment

• RAV2
      Established Member
      • Aug 2007
      • Massachusetts

I saw them today at my local HD - in the aisle with flashlights and generators.

We're coming off the blizzard here so things in that aisle are kind of crazy.

I didn't buy any. I have 3 of the previous design and like them better. The smaller head seems more practical.

My buddy brought one in for me to try out this week and I found the large head obtrusive.

Maybe there is a little more light but the size is a downer.

I keep one of the previous versions in the back-of-the-seat pocket, on the passenger's side, in my Sporttrac. It fits nice and is barely noticeable but easily accessible by me. The second one is on my night stand (kept it by my side all night Friday as I stayed fully dressed thru the storm - till 7 am - in case disaster struck).

My third one is stored away - un opened - for the future.

My thougth's - may not be yours'.
      Last edited by RAV2; 02-10-2013, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• BigguyZ
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2006
        • Minneapolis, MN
        • Craftsman, older type w/ cast iron top

During my quest to find ice melt today I dropped by one of the many local HDs. No ice melt left, but by the key cutting station there was the stand alone display! I resisted the urge to grab multiples.

After checking it out I have to say it is pretty sweet. This thing is a light canon. I couldn't try it out too much, for fear of annoying the neighbors. But I did shine it down the alley a bit and it definitely is plenty powerful. I may yet grab another.

Comment

Working...