• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric
    • Jun 2003
    • Cocolalla, ID
    • Grizzly G0691 & BT3100

Grizzly G0691

The Grizzly G0691 is on sale until 12-31-09 for $1215 Via an advertisement in Wood Magazine.

Advertisement: http://woodmagazine.coverleaf.com/wo...00911?pg=3#pg2
    Grizzly site: http://www.grizzly.com/products/g0691

With Free shipping

I've been wanting this saw for the last several months, and when it came up as $135 cheaper than the regularly listed price I decided to go ahead and order it.

You have to call to get the advertised price, and I wouldn't suggest calling after hours and making a credit card order. Seems to be a hokey procedure that they've got for dealing with orders after hours. I called 2 days after making the order and there was several things that they had to ask about shipping and they were going to charge the regular price, even after I gave the pricing code 2 times in the message that I left.

Anyway, I'm anxious to get that saw into my shop.
  • BobSch
    • Aug 2004
    • Minneapolis, MN, USA.
    • BT3100

That's a nice hunk of iron. Have fun.
    Bob

Bad decisions make good stories.

Comment

• Knottscott
      Veteran Member
      • Dec 2004
      • Rochester, NY.
      • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Looks like a great saw and a great deal. Heck, now you can grab a nice blade for it with all the money you saved!
      Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• Eric
        • Jun 2003
        • Cocolalla, ID
        • Grizzly G0691 & BT3100

Yeah, I'm looking forward to having it delivered. FedEx just called a little bit ago and said that it would be here tomorrow.

Comment

• Coolmeadow Creations
          Forum Newbie
          • Sep 2006
          • Fort Worth area

Eric, I ordered mine on Sat. I'm going to guess that your's will come out of Washington state. Mine will come from Springfield, MO. I was first told that they were on BO out of MO and it would be April before restocked. They had some in Washington but couldn't do the free shipping from a whse further away (totally understandable). I posted about it at Saw Mill Creek, and Papa Bear chimed in Sunday Evening that it wouldn't take that long, some were headed out of the factory right then, and that he would check on it when he got back in town. Popped in to offer help on a Sunday evening when he was out of town!!! To me that is just unheard of! Got a call Mon. that they found one in MO that an order had been canceled on, and it was being shipped that day. Don't know if Shiraz had a hand in that or not.
          I had hoped I would have a tracking number in tonights email, but there wasn't one. I don't expect to see it until early to middle next week with the holiday, but watching it come through all the checkpoints is part of the fun!
          Hope the shipping company is easy with both of ours and we don't have to deal with any problems! Be sure to enjoy yours as much as I will mine! Jim.

Comment

• Knottscott
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2004
            • Rochester, NY.
            • 2008 Shop Fox W1677

Originally posted by Coolmeadow Creations
            Eric, I ordered mine on Sat. I'm going to guess that your's will come out of Washington state. Mine will come from Springfield, MO. I was first told that they were on BO out of MO and it would be April before restocked. They had some in Washington but couldn't do the free shipping from a whse further away (totally understandable). I posted about it at Saw Mill Creek, and Papa Bear chimed in Sunday Evening that it wouldn't take that long, some were headed out of the factory right then, and that he would check on it when he got back in town. Popped in to offer help on a Sunday evening when he was out of town!!! To me that is just unheard of! Got a call Mon. that they found one in MO that an order had been canceled on, and it was being shipped that day. Don't know if Shiraz had a hand in that or not.
            I had hoped I would have a tracking number in tonights email, but there wasn't one. I don't expect to see it until early to middle next week with the holiday, but watching it come through all the checkpoints is part of the fun!
            Hope the shipping company is easy with both of ours and we don't have to deal with any problems! Be sure to enjoy yours as much as I will mine! Jim.
            Having Papa Griz get involved is pretty neat. One of the more memorable moments I can recall on these wwing forums involved a post on SMC from a guy who had a problem with a Grizzly item and wasn't sure how to deal with it. Shiraz responded briefly without identifying himself (real names required at SMC), and simply said he'd look into as soon he got back into the office the next day. The guy had no clue who Shiraz was until someone told him that the president of Grizzly just said he'd handle the issue personally! (...and he did, of course)
            Happiness is sort of like wetting your pants....everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• chopnhack
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2006
              • Florida
              • Ryobi BT3100

Congrats Eric, that is a beaut of a saw. Get a nice mobile stand (if you need the room, and who doesnt!)
              Enjoy
              I think in straight lines, but dream in curves

Comment

• Coolmeadow Creations
                Forum Newbie
                • Sep 2006
                • Fort Worth area

Heard late this afternoon that mine made it in to Ft. Worth a little after 7:00 this am. They said next Wed was the first day they could deliver it. I thought that was a little odd, but would have pushed off until Tuesday if she had said Monday...can't be gone from work on a Monday. Just had to share. Jim.

Comment

• thestinker
                  • Oct 2005
                  • Fort Worth, TX, USA.

Will be a fine addition to the shop. Merry Christmas to you
                  Awww forget trying to fix it!!!! Lets just drink beer

Comment

• Eric
                    • Jun 2003
                    • Cocolalla, ID
                    • Grizzly G0691 & BT3100

Got mine yesterday afternoon.

The FedEx driver that brought it out of Spokane took it to Sandpoint so that they could transfer it to a truck with a lift gate, even though I told them I had a tractor. Then they kept asking about road conditions out here so instead of having them back the 28' trailer into my driveway I had them drop it at my mother's house which is right down the road.

Just used the lift gate to set it into the bed of the truck and then brought it down to my house, used the tractor to get it out of the truck and into my shop. Then used the hoist to get it from the tractor up to the mezzanine where my wood shop is.

The main saw body part weight around 300 lbs, which wasn't bad to work with at all with 2 people.

Comment

• Black wallnut
                      cycling to health
                      • Jan 2003
                      • Ellensburg, Wa, USA.
                      • BT3k 1999

We need pics! Good score by the way.
                      Donate to my Tour de Cure

marK in WA and Ryobi Fanatic Association State President ©

Head servant of the forum

©

Comment

• Eric
                        • Jun 2003
                        • Cocolalla, ID
                        • Grizzly G0691 & BT3100

Got it all put together and have power run to it. I've used it to rip down some 2x6s that I'm using to make a landing for my stairs to the wood shop. Pictures will be coming soon.

Got some walls stood up in the shop so I'm in the process of really getting things kinda setup now. Lots of things to do and I keep getting distracted by holidays and other such nonsense.

Comment

Working...