X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Photojosh
    Established Member
    • Aug 2009
    • Washington (the state)

Despite the hose size difference, I'm still probably going to pick one up at Lowes. For one thing, the connection AT the vac is still the larger 2.5 in (or whatever) size. So you could use a larger hoes if you wanted to make/buy one. Also, for me, I already have a shop vac brand vaccume, so it make sense to not have to deal with different filter types. $10 is $10 sut still, I'm happy with my decision to not fight the crowds yesterday.

Comment

• woodturner
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2008
      • Western Pennsylvania
      • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by Photojosh
      Despite the hose size difference, I'm still probably going to pick one up at Lowes.
      I'm not sure the hose size difference is significant anyway. As a practical matter, I'm assuming all HDs are OOS by now. I did notice that the Lowes shopvac does come with a "micro tool set", which may be worth the $10 if you need that.
      --------------------------------------------------
      Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• toolguy1000
        Veteran Member
        • Mar 2009
        • westchester cnty, ny

still had them in new rochelle, ny as of 1 pm today. got my 4 on friday morning at 6:06 a.m. i wasn't taking any chances. those units were flying out the door on friday. seemed to have slowed down a bit today.
        there's a solution to every problem.......you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

• Photojosh
          Established Member
          • Aug 2009
          • Washington (the state)

Originally posted by woodturner
          I'm not sure the hose size difference is significant anyway. As a practical matter, I'm assuming all HDs are OOS by now. I did notice that the Lowes shopvac does come with a "micro tool set", which may be worth the $10 if you need that.
          I ended up getting distracted with installing a new gas cooktop in the kitchen and my lowes sold the last 7 they had this morning. Such is life.

The silly part is that I really don't need a new shopvac, I already have 6 and 12 gallon ones. What I need is the host that came with it. And those things are $20 on their own. Figured I might as well buy the whole thing. But now I'll just hunt for a cheap hose solution on ebay or somewhere.

Comment

• pacwind3
            Established Member
            • Nov 2006
            • Vancouver, WA
            • Bosch 4100

It's funny, the thing I targeted in the HD sale was the workforce plastic shelving units. I desperately need the shelving in my garage. Figured at $18.88, they would go fast. I didn't have a chance to get to HD till about 8:30 at night, but they still had them. I bought 5. since I already have that shopvac, it didn't make my priority list.

Comment

• LCHIEN
              Internet Fact Checker
              • Dec 2002
              • Katy, TX, USA.
              • BT3000 vintage 1999

it would seem that for the purposes of the store, that they would limit quantities to one per person or even household if they could. Would be more fair to the customers and help the stores achieve the goal of having more people visit the stores at a more leisurely pace.
              Loring in Katy, TX USA
              If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
              BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

Working...