• Show
Clear All
  • woodturner
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Western Pennsylvania
    • General, Sears 21829, BT3100

Originally posted by catta12
    Sounds like feeding time at Jurassic Park. Anyone able to get a raincheck on one?
    I don't know, but I assume not, since the ad said it was "limited to stock on hand".
    --------------------------------------------------
    Electrical Engineer by day, Woodworker by night

Comment

• BadeMillsap
      • Dec 2005
      • Bulverde, Texas, USA.
      • Grizzly G1023SL

Mission accomplished!!

My 29 yr old daughter and I arrived in the HD parking lot at 5:30AM ... there were 4 or 5 other cars/trucks already there but no one out lining up at the door yet ... I live in a fairly rural area about 20 miles North of San Antonio and the HD is about 3 miles North of my house ... after about 15 minutes of waiting in the truck we saw an elderly couple get out and head for the door ... we followed suit and that opened the dam gates ... we were 2nd in line with 50 or so people behind us by 5:48am ... much talk in line about the outdoor heaters and grills (both of which were on my list) and easily viewable from outside in the main aisle ... at about 3 minutes to 6am the manager opened the doors ... a fairly orderly rush of people gathering carts and baskets ... I claimed a grill and outdoor heater while my daughter brought up 2 baskets .... on our way out we grabbed one of the $49 Ryobi saw/drill 18volt combo's ... could have snagged a wet/dry vac but didn't really have the need ... checked out (first to do so) and were loaded and leaving the parking lot by 6:06am ... "saved" about $320 from list prices my kinda shopping!!!

"Like an old desperado, I paint the town beige ..." REK
      Bade Millsap
      Bulverde, Texas
      => Bade's Personal Web Log
      => Bade's Lutherie Web Log

Comment

• phi1l
        • Oct 2009
        • Madison, WI

THis must be the year of the shop vac, I guess ...
        I got to the BORG late & saw carts with up to 4 of them wheeling out of the building, but there were none to be found in the store that weren't being closely guarded.

So I Checked Menards, & there was not even an empty space in the parking lot.. Next I zipped over to Ace Hardware, they opened an hour later & was about 30th in line there, (can you imagine that!! a line at Ace Hardware!!!)

The guy opened the door, ... everyone rushed in, not noticing the 4 ShopVac display at the end of the first isle inside the door. I grabbed one & was the first person at the checkout .

There was 1 left as I exited the store to two ladies running toward the door & asking me if there were any left I told them there was 1. I didn't stick around to see what happened next.

Comment

• tsbrewers
          Established Member
          • Mar 2006

My wife drove by the local menards and said it was the craziest place she had ever seen. Said parking lot was 100% full, the huge parking lot next door (old menards building) was half full, and there was about 25 cars waiting in line to try to get in to the main lot. I went in about noon and everything I needed was still there.

Brew

Comment

Working...