X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davethegolfer
    Forum Newbie
    • Mar 2005

HD Rebate Service

This might not be the right forum for this rant, but some bargains are no bargain if they involve a rebates or gift card. I bought a home standby generator from HD and found out the installation had been raised $500+ from the original quote. I went ahead when the salesman said the purchase would qualify for a $500 gift card. Sent in the rebate form and after 2 months found out it had been lost. HD told me to send in new copies of what was necessary for the card. Did get the card for $500. Spent about 3/4 of it on a bandsaw. Tried to use the card for some other purchases and was told that the card had been zeroed out by their rebate center. The local store pulled up the purchases and said that the remainder should still be there. Now I am trying to find out what happened and how I get the remaining value back. Good customer service does not include quoting bad installation costs, losing rebate forms and cancelling earned gift cards. I will repost to this thread after this is resolved.
Working...