X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knollskid
    Forum Newbie
    • Feb 2006

Hitachi 13" Planer

Went to Lowes to pick up a roll of electrical tape, made the mistake and cruised the tool section..... Needless to say It turne out to be one expense roll of tape......

Just picked one up on Clearance at Lowes $150.00. Now, is it a decent planer for the money? That is my quest to find out before I unbox it. If I'm able to find good reviews I'll keep it. If not it goes back. Anyone here have any experence with this item? Good deal or bad deal

Thanks folks

Kevin
  • thallikar
    Established Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by Knollskid
    Went to Lowes to pick up a roll of electrical tape, made the mistake and cruised the tool section..... Needless to say It turne out to be one expense roll of tape......

Just picked one up on Clearance at Lowes $150.00. Now, is it a decent planer for the money? That is my quest to find out before I unbox it. If I'm able to find good reviews I'll keep it. If not it goes back. Anyone here have any experence with this item? Good deal or bad deal

Thanks folks

Kevin
    I bought that a week ago. Close to the same price - paid 135$ in the sidewalk sale (kinda). But I haven't opened it yet. I read couple of reviews somewhere, 1 ok and 1 bad. So not sure. I think one of these days, I will open and try it out. I don't have the space right now plus the next few weeks, I am busy installing hardwood flooring. In case you try out before me, let me know how it is. It is a great deal and Hitachi products are normally very good.

Comment

• messmaker
      Veteran Member
      • May 2004
      • RICHMOND, KY, USA.
      • Ridgid 2424

The only thing I have heard is that it is not as good as the Delta,Ridgid or Dewalt that it was up against. $150 is about 1/2 price one of the above planers. I can't believe it's not worth that.
      spellling champion Lexington region 1982

Comment

Working...