This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCHIEN
    commented on 's reply
    have you checked the internet Wayback machine archives?

• Black walnut
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	257
Size:	319.2 KB
ID:	853914

My entry from the first 2x6 contest 2005

Leave a comment:

• Dedpedal
    replied
    I’ll give it a shot. I have a friend in Ireland and we occasionally get bored or otherwise tired of the shop and challenge ourselves to grad one piece of scrap wood and make something.
    when is this going to happen?

Leave a comment:

• Sam Conder
    commented on 's reply
    Very cool, Nick!
    Last edited by Sam Conder; 02-02-2023, 09:37 PM.

• Nick Keenan
    replied
    For inspiration, here's a video of a cabinet made from a 2x6:

Leave a comment:

• twistsol
    replied
    The rules from the 2011 2x6 Challenge, which I believe were the same as the original are as follows"

So far the rules are simple:
    • Materials choice is limited to one stick nominal 2"x6"x8' std & btr. grade construction lumber as is commonly available at a home center or box store in the members zip code. (like we will be able to check this).
    • You may use other wood, metal, fabric, hardware, etc. as long as the focus remain on what you can make from the 2x6. The other material is for accent or hardware use only. The project shall not depend on an accent. Limit to <10% of project.
    • Registration deadline is March 31, 2011.
    • All projects must be submitted no later than 12:00 PM EST April 30, 2011.
    • Judging will be by popular vote by members via the forum poll function.
    • Prizes will be awarded based on member polls, meaning at this time we do not have a breakdown. Please add you input in the comming month to the prize poll.
    By the way, if anyone has squirreled away the pictures of the entrants from the 2005 2x6 challenge, I would love to restore them to the site. There was some pretty impressive stuff done with a single 2x6.
    Last edited by twistsol; 02-02-2023, 08:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• capncarl
    replied
    What were rules of this challenge?

Leave a comment:

• Jim Frye
    replied
    OK, I used more than just 2x6s. All of these were built from 2x construction scraps from the homes built around us. Joinery is biscuits and glue. Edges are 3/4" round over. Casters are from HD, locking in the front and fixed in the rear. Doors are scrap 3/4" plywood. Hinges are replacements from when I replaced old doors with six panel oak doors. Latches are cheap purchased. And that is my original BT3000 from 1993 that was used to cut all of the wood for these.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2D1A81A6-79B0-49DB-A196-C9C3D8BC7E42.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.4 KB ID:	853866
    Last edited by Jim Frye; 02-01-2023, 10:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• leehljp
    replied
    Oh me, now I need to use what is left of my brain! I certainly have enough tools! I need the challenge!
    Last edited by leehljp; 02-01-2023, 10:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Conder
    started a topic Personal “2x6 Challenge”

Personal “2x6 Challenge”

There is a lumber rack in the garage that has been there since my original “woodworking days”. Mostly forgotten. But I just discovered several unused 2x6’s… most likely bought in anticipation of a BT3Central 2x6 Challenge.

I’ve got several projects on the radar that I could utilize them for, so I figure I might post the “results” here, as well as challenge my fellow SawdustZone comrades to do the same. So… over the next few months, I hereby challenge YOU to post pics, descriptions, details about how you utilized the humble 2x6 to complete a project.

GO!
Working...