MIA - dealing with a bad back last several days.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nicer20
    Established Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Dublin, CA
    • BT3100

MIA - dealing with a bad back last several days.

Hope to chat (and contribute) soon.

Take care,
  • Dedpedal
    Established Member
    • Feb 2020
    • Palm Coast Florida
    • One BT3000 in use and one for parts. Plus a BT3100

Hope you feel better soon. I know what a bad back feels like. Bulging disc l2-l3 for years. It’s not bad enough for surgery yet.

Comment

• LCHIEN
      Internet Fact Checker
      • Dec 2002
      • Katy, TX, USA.
      • BT3000 vintage 1999

Ouch. Take care of it. Don't push it. Just gets worse with age if you abuse it.
      Hope you get to feeling better.
      Loring in Katy, TX USA
      If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to treat all problems as if they were nails.
      BT3 FAQ - https://www.sawdustzone.org/forum/di...sked-questions

Comment

• cwsmith
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2005
        • NY Southern Tier, USA.
        • BT3100-1

Hope you recover soon, I know first hand that it can be quite debilitating and I wish you a quick recovery.

CWS
        Think it Through Before You Do!

Comment

• nicer20
          Established Member
          • Sep 2007
          • Dublin, CA
          • BT3100

Thank you all, Getting a lot better but still away from the workshop. Have to catch up with the forum activity now.

Comment

• capncarl
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2007
            • Leesburg Georgia USA
            • SawStop CTS

I struggled with a herniated disk for a long time hoping for better. After all the hoops you have to go through before surgery failed, my pre-op meeting with the surgeon didn’t go well either. He said I looked like crap and wouldn’t operate until my regular physician cleared me. My regular physician said I had pneumonia and was out of work on all kind of meds. My back got better and the surgeon says if it’s better let’s not fix it. I suggested he put his back pain patients on pneumonia meds. When any of my friends complain of back problems I suggest that they work long shifts and stay out in the cold rain until they get pneumonia, those meds will cure it! Just a suggestion.

Comment

• nicer20
              Established Member
              • Sep 2007
              • Dublin, CA
              • BT3100

LoL

Jokes apart I was put on muscle relaxants last week and half which seems to have worked a lot better. That was after the ibuprofens and aleves failed to cure it for weeks. I am off drugs now over a week - Still some lingering uneasiness - no workshop time yet.

On a side note​ several years ago I had a herniated disc in cervical region. It was mild according to the surgeon although for me it was physically and psychologically it was unbearable. He said no need to operate and time will heal it. He said 1000s of years ago when we were in caves we would cure on our own in time. I told him 1000s years ago I wouldn't have to worry about the pain for too long because a sabre-cat would relieve me of the suffering anyways given the weaker link in the herd.

You all take care and stay healthy .......

Comment

• dbhost
                Slow and steady
                • Apr 2008
                • League City, Texas
                • Ryobi BT3100

Been dealing with degernative disks for the last 20 years. Back pain is no fun. Take care of it before it seriously lays you up...
                Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

Working...