• Show
Clear All
  • Jim Frye
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2002
    • Maumee, OH, USA.
    • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

Empty Neighborhood

Today was a beautiful day in the neighborhood, High 70s, low humidity, and a gentle breeze. Yet, not a single person outside doing anything. No lawn mowing, gardening, lawn care, no biking or walking, no one even playing in the neighborhood play lot next door. Was there something big on TV today? We weren't out as we spent the day watching our granddaughter playing in a weekend travel volleyball tournament on TV up in Detroit.
    Jim Frye
    The Nut in the Cellar.
    ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”
  • capncarl
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2007
    • Leesburg Georgia USA
    • SawStop CTS

Lots of High Schools in my area had graduation this weekend, this may account for quiet neighborhoods

Comment

• dbhost
      Slow and steady
      • Apr 2008
      • League City, Texas
      • Ryobi BT3100

I guess it all depends on the neighborhood. Highs in the 70s brings all of hte neighbors around here out into the yards barbecuing and just chatting... Highs in the 90s not so much.
      Please like and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Please check out and subscribe to my Workshop Blog.

Comment

• Jim Frye
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2002
        • Maumee, OH, USA.
        • Ryobi BT3000 & BT3100

What a difference a day makes. Today the neighborhood seemed to be all hands on deck. People mowing lawns (me included), folks walking their dogs (& picking up after them), a pool party and some cook outs, kids playing baseball and volleyball in the play lot next door, and even an outside home improvement project. Guess I was needlessly worried.
        Last edited by Jim Frye; 06-12-2022, 08:19 PM.
        Jim Frye
        The Nut in the Cellar.
        ”Sawdust Is Man Glitter”

Comment

Working...