It's Coming And I'm Not Looking Forward To It...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• atgcpaul
    replied
    I thought this thread would be about something else. I'm about that age...

My shop was never cleaner than the day I moved into that house and then out.

I've told myself my future shop (larger than before 2 car garage) will not be like my old one. I'll only keep the lumber that I need on hand and not hoard. It's also in my best interest because when we lived in the new house for just a short time, we had little baby snakes (earthworm size) in the garage, but I know these can get to over 4'. Me no likey snakes! I don't want any surprises!

Leave a comment:

• leehljp
    replied
    I'm not reading this thread. I don't like feeling a tad bit guilty!

Leave a comment:

• Dedpedal
    replied
    Shops don’t clean themselves ,they also don’t make themselves messy.

Leave a comment:

• dbhost
    replied
    What is this myserious clean shop thing you mention?

Leave a comment:

• LCHIEN
    commented on 's reply
    And then after 5 minutes everything is covered in dust.

Again.

• twistsol
    replied
    It is a pain, but there is nothing better than that first five minutes of your next project after cleaning up the shop when you have open workspaces and know where all your tools are.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Frye
    started a topic It's Coming And I'm Not Looking Forward To It...

It's Coming And I'm Not Looking Forward To It...

I'm in the final stages of finishing my current piece and when it's done and moved upstairs, I will have to do the "cleansing" of the shop. I didn't do it when I completed the two previous living room tables and the shop is adrift in dust. I've swept the floor to keep foot traffic from tracking stuff upstairs despite the three rugs between the shop door and the top of the basement stairs. Literally everything else in the shop is covered. Looking at hours of very non-enjoyable time in the shop. Will likely have to put a new filter in the ambient air filter when the task is done.
Working...